my pitch reading machine

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

guy leveque

hi boaters!

I built it ten years ago, based on professional system concept

this is my prototype model racing prop reading machine

providing efficient & instantaneous reading process...

you can move the prop, rotation and radius parameter: local pitch angle appears immediatly

sensor is a mini twin points contact

very usefull to check and copy tuned propellers

if you have mechanical engineering basic knowledges, cinematic sketch will help you to understand how it works

enjoy!
default_rolleyes.gif

aaaaa4.JPG

aaaaa1.JPG

aaaaa2.JPG

aaaaa3.JPG

Below is an electronic version that uses the same principle. Both pitch gauges measure the angle by the difference in height between two points. That angle is converted to pitch by the radius measurement.

Lohring Miller

P1010224.JPG P1010226.JPG P1010223.JPG

Excellent ideas presented here. My pitch gauge is designed from information found in the Machinery's Handbook, under the section entitled Helical Milling, development of a Helix. This gauge built in 1973 reads the pitch directly without calculations or charts. It also can read the entire blade width & the progressive pitch amount of any propeller mounted as the roller bearing rides on the curved pitch plates. Pitch plates range from 3" to 12 " of pitch in 1/6" pitch amounts.

Jim Allen

.625 bore barrel carburetor on QD 097.jpg

.625 bore barrel carburetor on QD 079.jpg

.625 bore barrel carburetor on QD 081.jpg

.625 bore barrel carburetor on QD 082.jpg

.625 bore barrel carburetor on QD 095.jpg

.625 bore barrel carburetor on QD 096.jpg

.625 bore barrel carburetor on QD 094.jpg

It still turned out to be more complicated and fussy than my Orlic gauge. It was an interesting exercise, though.

Lohring Miller

Last edited by a moderator:
Back