My New project and investment

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Darren Elson

Wanted to share my new project but wasnt sure where to post it,but thought some of you may like

And here it is my new project

iv got the moulds and copyrights to build and produce a 12ft Ski boat,im going to do redesign the top for a more modern design,also will do a 4 seater and 2 seater version

ideal for 40-60hp outboard

Got alot of work to do before hand getting it ready and some small repairs.

DSC01560.jpg

DSC01561.jpg

DSC01562.jpg

DSC01559.jpg

DSC01558.jpg

What's the matter? You don't have enough projects going.LOL Good luck with your new venture.

Soz grim,if the mods want to move no worries,to be honest i missed that part of the forum,but fair point

Spider

Thanks bud,i gotta keep myself busy LOL :D

Just spent a few hours cleaning it all down and actually the moulds are in better condition than i 1st thought,theres some minor repairs to do and some work but should ok

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi tom its no copy

the designer worked for fletchers boats,he designed this back in the 70'S

The moulds have been in storage since till now.

But its gonna be an interesting project and my kids are help and my partner gonna do all the interior design and pattern making so will be a family thing.

Cant wait to start it,just looking for a bigger workshop now

looks a little flatter/less deadrise in the center & more toward the chines than a checkmate or baja, tom. almost looks like anti trips.......look at the outline on the transom in the first pic.

Last edited by a moderator:
Cheers tom,will do once i make a start on it properly ill post some more pics,but the plan is to pull 1 and make some new fresh moulds

also gonna add a bigger flange round the topdeck areas so they can be bolted together for joining.

Just ordered a load of bolts for lining up and bolting the hull moulds together

looks a little flatter/less deadrise in the center & more toward the chines than a checkmate or baja, tom. almost looks like anti trips.......look at the outline on the transom in the first pic.
Just noticed that this morning ...should be pretty fast with a 260 !!
as long as we're going overboard tom, that vintage hull deserves a stacker...........

LOl

dont know what engines to run yet but been looking at the 4 stroke short shaft,the transom is only 20" high.

OK ill stick with 2 strokes then LOL.

i should finish cleaning them up today ill get some new pics up once done

Latest posts

Back