My new .12

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The clear coat went on with out a hitch. Nice and shiny like glass. I put it on very light, so I'm hoping the overall weight will still be under 36 ounces.

Now all I have to do is put it all back together again and break in the engine.

Marty
looks great.

Thanks MH! Just took the NR apart to check for unwanted material inside the case. It was as clean as can be. Great work Glenn
biggrin.gif
. Here's the coolest tool in my tool box.

Torque screw driver. That can take any quarter inch hex tip. Set for 11.29 inch pounds. Perfect for most RC engines.

Marty

DSC00154.JPG

Thanks MH! Just took the NR apart to check for unwanted material inside the case. It was as clean as can be. Great work Glenn
biggrin.gif
. Here's the coolest tool in my tool box.

Torque screw driver. That can take any quarter inch hex tip. Set for 11.29 inch pounds. Perfect for most RC engines.

Marty
Thor is looking good!!!!

I have to look for one of them screw drivers on the internet!!!

Quality tools cost money, you should know that being in the bodywork and painting business. That's more of a precicion instrument with something that small.

Quality tools cost money, you should know that being in the bodywork and painting business. That's more of a precicion instrument with something that small.
yes But I dont buy snapon tools neighter! I buy MACO or any tool that has a life time warrentie on it, that means craftmans or advance autoparts tools. As for body tools like spray guns.. My best gun is 350.00 comparts to blowing 500 to one and also bought three HVLP guns from TSC for 75.00 all work great. I try to find deals and save money. remember money dont grow on trees,yes its made from trees.

Last edited by a moderator:
Most of the guys here spend over $150 for Torque screw drivers. This one is preset to the right torque. That is why it is cheaper. It is a lot cheaper than an engine; that's for sure.

I was joking around on the price not bad but I might go after a spendier adjustable model just to have!!! After all I already have a Snap on big brother one!!! You should see the new air compresor I just got!!!!!!

FINISHED! Now all I have to do is break in the motor. I unfortunately, didn't beat my adjusted then readjusted goal of 2 pounds 4 ounces. It ended up being 2 pounds 5.1 ounces. Oh well! I'm sure it will be a good heat boat. If not, I will look at this project as a first step to getting back into the hobby. It may be a few weeks from now, but I will try to get some vids posted of it running, when I have all the bugs worked out. Oh! by the way, I know you're all going to tell me that I won't need to cool it. I will remove the hose going from the rudder to the transom when I run it. Here in Washington, I highly doubt that it gets hot enough to need cooling, but I will leave it like this just in case we get a freak 100 degree day.

Marty

DSC00155.JPG

DSC00156.JPG

FINISHED! Now all I have to do is break in the motor. I fortunately, I didn't beat my adjusted then readjusted goal of 2 pounds 4 ounces. It ended up being 2 pounds 5.1 ounces. Oh well! I'm sure it will be a good heat boat. If not, I will look at this project as a first step to getting back into the hobby. It may be a few weeks from now, but I will try to get some vids posted of it running, when I have all the bugs worked out. Oh! by the way, I know you're all going to tell me that I won't need to cool it. I will remove the hose going from the rudder to the transom when I run it. Here in Washington, I highly doubt that it gets hot enough to need cooling, but I will leave it like this just in case we get a freak 100 degree day.

Marty
looks great.

That's a mean lookin' machine, Marty. Have a great time running it this year. You have some stiff competition up there in the northwest.

FINISHED! Now all I have to do is break in the motor. I unfortunately, didn't beat my adjusted then readjusted goal of 2 pounds 4 ounces. It ended up being 2 pounds 5.1 ounces. Oh well! I'm sure it will be a good heat boat. If not, I will look at this project as a first step to getting back into the hobby. It may be a few weeks from now, but I will try to get some vids posted of it running, when I have all the bugs worked out. Oh! by the way, I know you're all going to tell me that I won't need to cool it. I will remove the hose going from the rudder to the transom when I run it. Here in Washington, I highly doubt that it gets hot enough to need cooling, but I will leave it like this just in case we get a freak 100 degree day.

Marty
Marty: bring that to Twin Lakes tomorrow and we will get it going, should only need a few tanks to get a needle and then it's time for the fun to begin. there will be plenty of people that will help you get it going. don't miss the season opener for the NW Namba season. Rick

Hey Rick!

I'll be there tomorrow. JD invited me. I will bring my rigger to show, but I'm far from ready to race. My rigger may be done for the most part, but there are still a lot of little loose ends to tie. I also haven't been at the controls of one of these things for about 5 or 6 years. I think I need to brush up my skills before I run with the big boys. Also, I have never raced in the states. I'm very familiar with the racing scene in Japan. I know that the JMPBA took most of its rules for heat racing right out of the NAMBA rule book, but I'm sure there are some differences. So tomorrow, I would like to spend my time watching how the flow goes, study some of the rules and manners of racing in NW NAMBA. I will definately formally join district 8 tomorrow. If there is anything I can do tomorrow to help with the event, please don't be afraid to ask. I would rather be put to use than just watch.

See you tomorrow,

Marty

Latest posts

Back