My new .12 rigger

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's an Orion .12 I picked up for 80.00. It is identical to the Trinity.

-MikeP

Succesful day at the pond, I have some videos I will post later.

-MikeP

Hey! That looks really sharp, Mike! Gonna stay with the natural look, or are you going to add some color?

Did you give up on the Outlaw?

Hammer

Here are some videos, it's best if you do a right click and "save as" to your computer.

I was running a x438 and 40% nitro. Ready to run weight without fuel was 1lb 12 oz.

Here is a launch

http://69.27.9.16/mikep/12/launch.wmv

In this video you will notice a second boat chasing me, it was an old Conard 90.

http://69.27.9.16/mikep/12/conard.wmv

The rudder could be reduced in size about 50% it sits pretty deep in the water because it's mounted so low. And the boat turns pretty quick with very little input.

I really liked the left side rudder, it seams to turn well left and right. The boat tracked good with out any left trim.

The motor was always cold after a run. I think I could cut half the heatsink fins off.

Hammer, how ya doin? No Outlaws.

-MikeP

Thanks Ian,

I had a really weird thing happen with the v937 prop. I think it just lifted the backend up then started prop walking, It took full rudder to keep it going straight. All other props worked good.

-MikeP

Mike,

Were you using the Sirio, Orion or Trinity? Looks like you've really got something there! 8)

Don

Mike.

If you have time, I would really be interested to know how much weight is on your rudder when the boat is level with no fuel. I put my T.E.s up on blocks, rested the rudder on my scale and came up with 4.5oz. With my flat center strut/sponson, I'm beginning to think that a V937 is going to give too much lift for my boat even though the total boat weight is about 9oz heaver than yours.

Thanks,

Don :-

Don,

I was running an Orion .12, I took it apart and it looks the same as the Trinity Picco I have.

I was looking in the Novarossi web site and I noticed they have a couple of engines they claim 1.6hp, RMP range 38,400-45,000.

-MikeP

I will weigh the transom tonight.

They way I understand props... I should be able to add cupping to the v937 to reduce lift.

-MikeP

Mike.

If you have time, I would really be interested to know how much weight is on your rudder when the boat is level with no fuel. I put my T.E.s up on blocks, rested the rudder on my scale and came up with 4.5oz. With my flat center strut/sponson, I'm beginning to think that a V937 is going to give too much lift for my boat even though the total boat weight is about 9oz heaver than yours.

Thanks,

Don :-

3.4 oz

I had a lot of rear end hopping with the 937. It could have been because I didn't adjust the strut angle when I swapped props. Saturday I tried an X637, it didn't work too bad but I am not getting the RPM's that I should. I might have the pipe too short. What length are you guys using?

Back