Mutt 2 Engine Well Modification for NR .46

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jeff Barnhart

Here are some pictures of the engine well mod I did on my new glass Mutt 2. I am running the Nova Rossi .46 in the boat and there was not enough clearance between the NR flywheel and the bottom of the boat. I was going to have the flywheel turned down, but Mike Hughes had the idea to put a divot in the floor of the boat. This is done by cutting out a portion of glass from the top half of the boat and filling in the gap with WS and filler.

This is an easy fix for anyone else that is looking to put this engine in this hull who does not have a lathe. All I needed was a dremel to get the job done and it gave me an extra 1/8" to easily get the belt off of the flywheel.

mutt2-2.jpg

mutt2-1.jpg

I'll try and get a picture of it with the engine and belt in to illustrate the difference for people next time I'm home.

Come on Jeff ...run this thing I need to find a motor that will work in a sport boat,
Haven't been home since January! I'm coming home for spring break at the end of next week and it could be ready to roll (minus paint) by record trials... Dad said all the parts came in the mail, just need to put it together now.

Latest posts

Back