Must Have Records if you Rock

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Zep's Physical Graffitti is one of the absolute must have albums of all time. Actually I can't name a single Zep album not worth having, SO MUCH a part of my favorite times, OMG it's amazing how much I miss those days. I truly feel sorry for those who will never experience growing up in the times we did, it is an age never to be seen again.........................

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nrfQZ_anNYM
Amen Brother ;) ...............==={}

Zep's Physical Graffitti is one of the absolute must have albums of all time. Actually I can't name a single Zep album not worth having, SO MUCH a part of my favorite times, OMG it's amazing how much I miss those days. I truly feel sorry for those who will never experience growing up in the times we did, it is an age never to be seen again.........................

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nrfQZ_anNYM
AMEN !

At least I had the chance to see them perform live in '77 (my junior year in high school :D ) . Knebworth was supposed to be the warm up for the 1980 U.S. tour that never came to be .........

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=YWOuzYvksRw
saw zep twice, first time in a gutted bowling alley behind an ihop on miami beach. place called the image (blues image was a "house band", took their name from there). first time in ,69, paid $2.50, second time about 2 years later at pirate's world in hallandale, paid $5.00. 2 albums that have special meaning to me are layla by derek & the dominos & sticky fingers by the stones. 2 brothers (ronnie & howie albert) were nieghbors of mine back then. both were recording engineers at criteria studios in miami. they got me in to watch some of the recording sessions :D . i also picked up dwayne allman, barry oakley & butch trucks there when i drove a checker cab in n. miami bch. ronnie & howie own criteria now.

johnny winter/austin texas "if i can't have little girls, i'll just go home"

OHHH YEAHHH! I wore MY LZ/PG album OUT!!!!Come to think of it, i wore out all my LZ albums! Led Zepplin and AC/DC for me had one thing in common in that they seldom, if EVER really put out a bad song! Robin...Johnny Winter. "STILL ALIVE AND WELL!" ...I wore that one out too! :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x8T_PQoTC30

"...... I'd come up to your place but I'm afraid of your dad"
Saw These guys in '77.... Van Halen was the headliner, Journey was....well....Journey. Montrose got more curtain calls than the other 2 bands combined, and Van Halen was HUGE, as they just came out with "Runnin with the Devil".....Montrose, with the Red Rocker singin basically smoked the other bands that night........i dont think they ever really got thier due like they should have...my favorite song was "Make it last".

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x8T_PQoTC30

"...... I'd come up to your place but I'm afraid of your dad"
Saw These guys in '77.... Van Halen was the headliner, Journey was....well....Journey. Montrose got more curtain calls than the other 2 bands combined, and Van Halen was HUGE, as they just came out with "Runnin with the Devil".....Montrose, with the Red Rocker singin basically smoked the other bands that night........i dont think they ever really got thier due like they should have...my favorite song was "Make it last".
That entire record is good. I made a tape for the car back in the day.. Montrose on one side, April Wine on the other. There was no such thing as MP this I pudd that. Everyone bought Vinyl and made tape for the vehicle.

We had a place downtown Detroit all these bands played at before they hit it huge i would go see them about every weekend what a memory. Robert
Rhonda, we had a place like that in town. A bunch of unknowns played there, Ted Nugent, Bob Seger, Alice Cooper and many others before they hit it big.

I'm glad to see Tommy James on someone else's play list. I used to get a lot of backseat action to their songs! I saw them once, not playing but water-skiing at the lake my parents lived at. Needless to say, they had a lot of babes with them.

I played a lot of Aerosmith while cruising in my `Cuda cranking out of some PyleDriver speakers. We've got a oldies station here that plays nothing but the old rock music, I listen to it a lot and LOUDLY!

Ok,Pink floyd

Led zep

Supertramp

Alan Parsons

Stevie Ray Vaughn

Selected Grateful Dead

Steely Dan

King Crimson(starless and bible black,Red,court of the crimson king)..........

and many more......

All played on: Magnepan mg2.7qr speakers(big panels)

Forte' model 3 power amp(250wpc)

Home built vacuum tube preamp(6sn7 tubes)

Home built 15" transmission line subwoofer

!000 watt(mono) parasound power amp for subwoofer

behringer 24/96 crossover

Building a turntable from the ground up.Have machined up the bearing assy.Made the plinth(beautiful birds eye maple with maple burl

accents.The platter will be aproximately 25lbs solid quilted maple when I can find someone with the capability to machine a 12" platter

thankfully, i missed that 'special pleasure', ray. but my elementary school in miami shores back in the '50's was right next door to saint rose of lima school. WOW, the stories that came out of there :eek: . let's just say that our trips to the principal's office for a paddling were kinda benign in comparison.

Back