Mt Vernon

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

maddog

Thanks Evansville gang for another great week. All I can say is lookout when I get that sport 40 set up right. Once again THANKS GUYS!!! I'll be there next year.

Thanks Evansville gang for another great week. All I can say is lookout when I get that sport 40 set up right. Once again THANKS GUYS!!! I'll be there next year.

Guys had a great time and it is a great place to race.

Thanks to Bob and Rocky for all there help this weekend.

Randall

GREAT RACING!! Thanks to all the Evansville guys for puting on a great race and I hope we can do it again next year. And thanks to Charlie for running the retrieve. It was great to see all these new drivers kicking some butt!!

Congrats little bro!! And congrats to Matt on extending that winning streak! We are all in trouble :lol:

Hey Chuck tell your dad that I figured why the sport 40 went south today.... I remembered that he was first in points and I was second only 100 points behind him. MMMMMMMMM :D

Looks like I will be forming a team to set up a race for next season in Mt. Vernon. Thank you Evansville gang for a great race, and a fun time. Thanks for the dinner also. It was a great time. It did seem like young gun weekend. CHuck noticed tunnel. I noticed Two great rounds of racing by Matt in sport 40 to make a comeback to finish second after a fuel issue took him out of one of the first rounds. Man, that last heat was a Barn burner! with a tight battle for all six laps. Zaker Sr. was leading from the start with Matt in second, Mike schindler in third, and Brian (dad) in fourth. Begining of the second lap Ron sr. Pulls out by six boat links, Matt flies the Indianapolis Colts boat and keeps it undercontrol while Brian takes third, Down the back, Brian looks inside Matt, Matt closes the door and makes up ground on Zaker sr,, Third lap Mike takes advantage of Brian going wide and takes back third and peaks inside matt who is now stalking Zaker Sr. On the fourth lap, Brian takes third once again and pushes hard and tight down the back looking to see if he can move into second but thinks better of it going into 4,5,and 6. They come off in a staggard line into lap five now a tight four boat race. Matt makes an awsome turn right on the bouys and Evens up with Zaker Sr. down the back stretch! Zaker sr. gets light, as does Matt, Matt sets his boat down and turns on 4, Zaker Sr. Corrects left and lifts off and is out. Matt races hard the last lap and wins the heat. Who came in second? I think Dad Brian. I want to thank all the people that helped us through the day while Alex fielded 4 boats, Chuck raced three, and me, well, one. My wife Angie was even pitting in our tent to keep us going. And for all those that were there listening to my son ALex, YES THE B MONO IS BAD FAST, and the yellow Tunnel did have LEAN ISSUES most of the weekend. haha, Okay book over. Thanks alot guys. It was a blast. Ken

Who came in second? I did after passing Brian one more time. Matt had it going and i could not get inside to get second or the lead after Ron Sr lifted. Too much goin on to lean the motor just had to hang on and look for a hole. GREAT WEEKEND THANKS TO EVERYONE FOR COMING. Wes i had to put my dog <Josie on a treadmill too many scuby snacks..........

WOW, Like everyone else I had a great time too. The Classic Thunderboats are Fabulous ! And those sport 40s are really a joy to watch as well as the scale boats. Absolutely Awesome weekend !! Thanks River City Boat club !!!!!!!!!

Yeah that Matt is driving ok.... beat me!!!! Look out next time.. I'll be gunning for him!

Kenny has an amazing recall of that race!

It was great to see Matt run that race and stick it in there. Thanks to Alan for coaching him!

Thanks to everyone, what a good site and fun place... cookout, etc.

Sorry about the key to the scooter Mikey

Definitely a place to be next year!!!

Brian

Thanks to the E-ville club,you guys are REALLY a RACING club. It was nice to be back at Mount Vernon,great people,great site,nice town. We had a blast and it was great to see the kids drive, and race so well. Please have this race again next year,we're in.

Ron Jr

My son Mitchel and I would like to thank everyone for all the help at our first race. It still amazes me the amount of help that other racers are willing to give you. Saturday evening open water when some of these guys could have been spending time with thier family's or eating supper, there were a few helping us get our boat going better. So a special thanks to A. Elzer, Kenny, and R. Zaker jr. and anyone else I forget to mention, We really appreciated the help. Mitchel and I can't wait to go to another race, I think were HOOKED.

What a nice lake to have a race. I hope we get to go back next year. Were not WATER BABY'S anymore.

Thanks again to everyone

Rocky Will

P.S. How about the club's PR guy MIKEY. He's full of s**t and he can drive a boat. His wife even put on a pretty good spread of food saturday night for the club. Thanks Tina

I want to thank Randy Cartwright for helping me get my gas sport going and helping me get my 40 hydro running better.And also want to thank Kenny Hildreth for loaning me a receiver for the weekend.I had a real good time and look forward to going back next year.

Proud member of RCRC,

Bob W.

Hey evansville gang, what a really nice time in MT. Vernon,lots of great

people and good racing. hope it happens again next year.see everyone at

the fall Kohlmeyer classic.congrats to the little guys,i see serious racers

in the making.

Mark

What a great time. Lots of fun. Great to get to hang out with my Dad, who lives close to Mt. Vernon.

Hope we run again next year. I'll be there, maybe with a muffler next time. LOL

Thanks,

Tim W.

THe Knoxville Gang

It's 3 out of 3 that the guys from Knoxville had a great time.It's a long drive from Knoxville,but Tim and I had no problems with Mark doing all the driving.We'll want to put it on the schedule again for next year.You all,racers and the Evansville bunch, need to bottle the smack and b.s. to carry you between races.It was fun and good racing.

Harvey Liberman

i had a great time at mt Vernon race, i have to say that the Evansville club that put it all on did a strong promotional race in mt Vernon with i think 86 boats.

i have to say that the evansvill club always have great races & they are trying to get some intrest back in mt vernon because of the great site they like to come to & to see alot of friends they have missed.

as normal the race went smooth & i want to thank the evansvill club for there desire to come that far to run a race & help in bringing back the mt vernon club.

you guys & gals are applauded & appreciated highly. i want to thank the airport that helped with providing support along with a drivers stand which was a flat bed trailer.

we will see what happens next year. again thanks for a nice weekend.

i had a great time at mt Vernon race, i have to say that the Evansville club that put it all on did a strong promotional race in mt Vernon with i think 86 boats.

i have to say that the evansvill club always have great races & they are trying to get some intrest back in mt vernon because of the great site they like to come to & to see alot of friends they have missed.

as normal the race went smooth & i want to thank the evansvill club for there desire to come that far to run a race & help in bringing back the mt vernon club.

you guys & gals are applauded & appreciated highly. i want to thank the airport that helped with providing support along with a drivers stand which was a flat bed trailer.

we will see what happens next year. again thanks for a nice weekend.
In order for a race to be put on 100 miles from home it takes lots of help and most of our club members stepped up to the task. In order for a race like this to be successful racers must enjoy more than a few minutes of heat racing. This race had everyone helping each other doing what ever someone needed,hats off to everyone who attended from Alex to the 3 old farts with low digit IMPBA numbers......Mike

Last edited by a moderator:
Mikey,i also just wanted to mention that this was the only race where i can't

remember not one bouey that had to be replaced.thats a miracle in it's self especially with some of those Knoxville drivers i brought. :p

Mark

Back