Movie!!! Mini Mogli Testing

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Jay, don't hold your breath waiting for a reply. He's getting well-known on the internet for pushing his products only and not answering questions. It would be nice if people like him would answer questions or contribute to other postings.

Looking at the pictures on his site, there may be a single step about half-way up the bottom but it's hard to tell.

Looks pretty quick ,but from the sigh at the end of the video and all the breaks in the footage it may be hard on the speed control. How about six laps with someone that can drive ? or is it a SAW boat hmmm.

Mark

jayt // see attached pic.

Ron Olson // sorry for poor info about my posting...now I'm running to reply my post regards

Mark Stein // ye...hard to control...I guess 540L size is over power...

06062202.jpg

06062203.jpg

06062201.jpg

There are a couple of guys running the micro mowgli over here and it is BLAZING FAST!!! With the stock feigao motor and recommended battery pack, it will outrun any stock 21 size boat.

But lets forget the speed issue for a while, coz this boat shines in the FUN department. Like when you hit reverse, then full forward and you get this!!!

lg_57169.jpg

lg_57170.jpg

lg_57171.jpg

The boats are actually very nicely made, the hull has the proper side thrust built into it as well as a trim tab on one side which is a part of the hull. The fibre glass is quite strong (this based on one of the owner throwing the boat into the lake like a harpoon, and forgot he was at the shallow part of the lake, just some chipping on the nose).

The fun factor and the WOW factor (when it jumps) is just great. If you flip the boat, just play with the throttle and you can flip it back!!! One of the guys always launches his upside down, takes it out slowly then flips it right side up and rockets off. Insane fun really, and always makes for a lot of smiles on everyone watching.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks, wish I could take credit, but it was someone else who caught the action on camera. I think the boat owner did this move about 15-20 times that day, really awesome to watch. In fact it sparked a rush for the boats at our LHS.

MalaysianFlyer, do you know what speed control your buddy is running in his aerobatic boat?

Thanks MalaysianFyyer, I bought one of these kits and it's pretty neat. Glass work is a bit more heavy-duty than the European hulls, but reasonably crisp. The hardware is average, some parts very nice, and some less so. The only throw-away in my opinion is the flex-shaft. My flex cable is not concentric with the stub shaft by a fair amount. Unfortunately the stub shaft is 5mm (flex cable is 1/8", as is the reduced dia. prop shaft section) not 3/16" & the stinger bore is also metric so custom bushings will be required to replace it with a standard flex-shaft. The rudder/mount assembly looks a little fragile, but I'll give it a try. Bought it via PayPal and the boat arrived here in New England in about a week. Cute little box too! I look forward to seeing if it'll jump like that for me!

jfm, your bound to have fun with it.

As for jumping, its simple, just put it in reverse, and it will scoot back then suddenly rotate as it submerges, once its below the surface, just hit full throttle and get ready to laugh.!!! :D

All the best with yours.

Back