Morgan oil

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
DonIf the morgan oil is so good why are you changing piston so much.With the klotz oil I don't no when the last time I change a piston.

my .02 cents
You should know more before making such a comment, we've been replacing pistons in MAC84's that are over 4 years old and have just worn away the fit. Brad fits the new pistons to the worn liners to make them like new. You of all people should know how nice a job he does.

DonIf the morgan oil is so good why are you changing piston so much.With the klotz oil I don't no when the last time I change a piston.

my .02 cents
You should know more before making such a comment, we've been replacing pistons in MAC84's that are over 4 years old and have just worn away the fit. Brad fits the new pistons to the worn liners to make them like new. You of all people should know how nice a job he does.
Don I.m the last person to say you are replacing piston because of oil. I replace many pistons in engines myself. I also know that Brad does fantastic work and is a master at his chosen trade.

I am just looking for some answers to my original question about the flash point of the oil. I have never sent a crank and rod blue before and and making 100% sure I can fully understand what went on here. I may have missed something or overlooked another problem. This is not about baging one oil over another just simply looking for some answers.

my .02 cents
Don I.m the last person to say you are replacing piston because of oil. I replace many pistons in engines myself. I also know that Brad does fantastic work and is a master at his chosen trade.

I am just looking for some answers to my original question about the flash point of the oil. I have never sent a crank and rod blue before and and making 100% sure I can fully understand what went on here. I may have missed something or overlooked another problem. This is not about baging one oil over another just simply looking for some answers.
Paul I was responding do Dave's post. I'll see what info I can find if possible on the Morgan's for you. :)

my .02 cents

Paul I was responding do Dave's post. I'll see what info I can find if possible on the Morgan's for you. :)
Thans Don I would appreciate that

Don we were told to use the purple multi vis oil not the blue. I have seen guys use the blue and had no problems at all. The engine was reasonably fresh noe it still has fit and has not niped up but the crank needles and steel rod have gone blur from heat and the only thing that I can put that down to is oil failure.

What % were you running? :huh:
Terry I was using 20% oil 50% Nitro nothing out of the ordinary here

Wow! That's a lot of oil. :eek:

The oil doesn't affect the burning of the piston crown. That is heat and power. Just like a top fuel dragster, they hole a piston every run, or they're not making horsepower.
I know that hole in the piston is a seperate issue, but crank and rod going blue is most definatly oil and I am thinking the multi vis cool power is the suspect.
The Only time I have ever had that same problem it was with the new Current Picco XP90. The engine had a head volume in excess of 1.0 cc & I had to pinch the balls off the needle to ty to clean the engine up on the Exhaust pipe sound. I found the problem after everything was blue... Little late..... A way to find this would be measurre the total head volume before you run it. or know the flow of the needle, if the needle is Lean on flow #`s & the engine is extremely rich A few things can alter this. Extremely Late rotor closing or Excessive head Volume...... Tuning By third channel & ear Can be a problem if the engine has been modified heavily or Mod incorrectly.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back