Morgan oil

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PAUL STIRTON

Does antone know what the flash point is of cool power oils especially the blue and the multi vis purple. Any help or information on where to get the technical data sheets for these products.

Mark,

I use the 2 cycle cart racing synthetic blue oil. Outstanding oil regardless of the nitro content and you can use less % oil than many others too. Many others use this specific oil.

I am not so sure about the multi vis being so good a oil as I have a engine with major damage and the only thing we changed in the engine pipe and boat combination was the oil.

I am not so sure about the multi vis being so good a oil as I have a engine with major damage and the only thing we changed in the engine pipe and boat combination was the oil.
Paul

Use Klotz oil and you will'nt have any problems.

Last edited by a moderator:
Paul

Use Kotlz oil and you will'nt have any problems.
Trust me I know changed because someone told me it was the ducks guts but I have a engine to prove other wise.

Trust me I know changed because someone told me it was the ducks guts but I have a engine to prove other wise.
We have run the Morgan's blue kart oil for years and it is the oil of choice for our record trials fuel mix. We have gone under 10% with no failures and we twist those motors way harder than any of our heat race stuff which BTW also has been just as good there, no issues.

Have you wondered why there are so many people using this oil successfully? What about the possibility that the motor was going to let go regardless of what oil was present on it's fatal run? Perhaps, and I'm just speculating, you picked up a little more rpm on the 100% synth & took an already weakened part past it's threshold? Just a thought here but we have seen rpm increases with different oils and ratios ..............

Don

If the morgan oil is so good why are you changing piston so much.With the klotz oil I don't no when the last time I change a piston.

my .02 cents

Don we were told to use the purple multi vis oil not the blue. I have seen guys use the blue and had no problems at all. The engine was reasonably fresh noe it still has fit and has not niped up but the crank needles and steel rod have gone blur from heat and the only thing that I can put that down to is oil failure.

Don we were told to use the purple multi vis oil not the blue. I have seen guys use the blue and had no problems at all. The engine was reasonably fresh noe it still has fit and has not niped up but the crank needles and steel rod have gone blur from heat and the only thing that I can put that down to is oil failure.

hi paul i have not used the purple but i use the blue coolpower at a ratio of total oil 15% , 12% coolpower and 3% castor. my 21 and 45 size engines work great on it.. i run 60% nitro .. see you soon mate,, jase.. :)

DonIf the morgan oil is so good why are you changing piston so much.With the klotz oil I don't no when the last time I change a piston.

my .02 cents
Dave:

You are stuck in the "Old Times" :)

The Morgan oil is SO MUCH BETTER than Klotz. I NEVER have bearing trouble anymore since I switched from Klotz to Morgan. As you know I try to wring every last drop of power out of my 20 engines and I really put the oil to the test. I know that you are conservative on your engines and how you run them, so I guess you can get by with Klotz.

I used to have to run as much as 18% on the Klotz and now run 12% on the Morgan. MUCH more burnable components with the extra 6% that will burn.

For anyone that really makes their 20 engines work hard, there is NO COMPARISON between the oils.

I am sold on the Morgan Synthetic oil and am positive that it will outperform Klotz by a big margin.

Marty Davis

Marty when it comes to engines I trust you 100% so I will get some blue cool power and give it a go. I just don't think the multi vis purple oil is up to the task. just my 2 cents worth.

The oil doesn't affect the burning of the piston crown. That is heat and power. Just like a top fuel dragster, they hole a piston every run, or they're not making horsepower.

The oil doesn't affect the burning of the piston crown. That is heat and power. Just like a top fuel dragster, they hole a piston every run, or they're not making horsepower.
I know that hole in the piston is a seperate issue, but crank and rod going blue is most definatly oil and I am thinking the multi vis cool power is the suspect.

Paul, it is interesting that you have been given lots of "opinions" but not a single answer to the question you asked. I used to know the flash point of both oils but have long since forgoten, so no answer from me either :D

Eric

What % were you running? :huh:

What % were you running? :huh:
Terry I was using 20% oil 50% Nitro nothing out of the ordinary here

Latest posts

Back