Modified Proboat Hydro Cowl?

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

michaelbarnes

Haven't run my boat in a couple of years as its been tucked away under my stairs since my son was born.

Happened upon it last night while cleaning up and remembered how much I hate the cowl.

Has anyone done any modification to the cowl on the Proboat Hydros that works and looks cleaner?

I am not a fan of that scoop.

The fins on the back are also coming off as they drive me nuts (Wish I took them off before painting it - oh well).

This is how the boat looks right now - planning to hack away at it this summer and get it back out on the water for my son to enjoy :) .

5643349704_8e2424d511_b.jpg

If you find one, please let me know! I've been wanting to do the same thing to my Miss Elam for quite some time!

Perhaps it's time for me to cut one down and make a plug/mold for a new style...

I did purchase an additional cowl 2 years ago and cut the top portion off, just never got around to actually glassing the top part.

Partially because I didn't know what I wanted it to look like.

I might just take the plung and start framing it and glassing over... Only issue is the darn pipe out the back.....

Making one right now for my Miss Elam. Cut the old one to pieces. New one is lower with a couple of naca ducts for air in, and a small exhaust outlet. Pics when finished.

Ive created a few different verison's of the cowl to suit my boats

IMG_3178.JPG Front view

IMG_3161.JPG this is the weight of 1 of the cowl's I made

IMG_3175.JPG rear veiw

it's not that hard once you made a new mould of it, I have 4 different types but i can't upload anymore at the moment

they are based on GP style boats thou

IMG_1878.JPG these where built for .21 engines but still the same proboat hull, the air intake on the white boat is higher due to the os vzm water jacket on to of the engine

IMG_2681.JPG this was a cowl I made & modified to suit the electric pro boat hull, it's currently being convertered to be used with the nitro hull & finished off at 100 grams for the electric version with custom cowl locks

My next design cowl will be getting started within a few weeks & hoping to be finished in a month

The only mod I have ever seen don on a proboat cowl is making it a little wider on the pipe side to have a better pipe clearance with a 105 header .

never seen a lowered or scoop mod done.

attachicon.gif
IMG_1878.JPG these where built for .21 engines but still the same proboat hull, the air intake on the white boat is higher due to the os vzm water jacket on to of the engine

attachicon.gif
IMG_2681.JPG this was a cowl I made & modified to suit the electric pro boat hull, it's currently being convertered to be used with the nitro hull & finished off at 100 grams for the electric version with custom cowl locks

My next design cowl will be getting started within a few weeks & hoping to be finished in a month
That electric cowl is exactly what I am looking for.

Back