ML Boatworks- 30" P-spec Tunnel Build

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mike Luszcz

Vendor
Well, after the good success with 49" Gas Tunnel (L&L Special) so far, I decided it was time to do a 30" version for FE or Nitro. My first hull is complete and I hope to begin testing later this week. The hull is 30 7/8" long, and 12 7/8" wide. I will be trying it as a P-spec design first, and may try a stronger set later. I plan on doing a 35" and 40" hull as well (down the road), so those may end up being the powerhouses. The 30" FE as you can see is the first, true FE hull with the radiobox already built in as part of the hull. It is big enough that 4s2p is possible, tho not needed. I will update on the boat once I get it on the water and tuned. If it runs like the gas tunnel version, this should be an awesome boat. Enjoy the pics! Mike

Oh, and in case it is thought about, I am in no way abandoning my use, or support of Woodstuff tunnel boats. I have 4 Woodstuffs (28, 32, 36, and 40...all FE), one of them being partly sponsored for future SAW events. I built this new tunnel as an experiment to see how far I could take it. So please just realize I am doing this build to try and add to this class of boats, and to partake in this build forum. Thanks.

DSCF0013Large.jpg

DSCF0014Large.jpg

DSCF0011Large.jpg

DSCF0012Large.jpg

Getting closer. Needs a windshield, another area for pinstripe, and autoclear coat.

IMGP1602Large.jpg

IMGP1601Large.jpg

IMGP1599Large.jpg

Last night, after working on an 1/8th scale build for another member, I got this hull pinstriped, cleared with automotive urethane clear, and woke up this morning and bolted on the motor, and threw the esc and battery in the radio box to show the amount of room there is to work with. I hope to get the steering done tonight, and get it to my local pond tomorrow to see if its going to need stumble blocks or not. Enjoy, Mike

DSCF2001Large.jpg

DSCF2002Large.jpg

DSCF2003Large.jpg

DSCF2004Large.jpg

DSCF2005Large.jpg

DSCF2006Large.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Back