Miss Vegas gen 1 engine upgrade

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ken Webb

Thinking of turning this into a sport 20 boat, with a .21 engine. Prop suggestions needed, also should the drive be changed to 3/16th? Any help greatly appreciated.

For a 21 yes you should use a 3/16 flex,and for prop x 440 2 or x440 3 blade should get ya going..Good luck and post your results.

You could try an O.S .18 TZ I seem and researched them and they can hit mid 40 to 50. About the speed of 20 and won't have to replace shafts. Just an idea.

I have an O.S. 18 TZ in my Vegas Deuce and it is capable of making 21 ci powered Sport 20s work for a win. At our club's Turkey Shoot last November I won the Sport 20 Class with the "TZed" Deuce. And, the engine bolts into the existing motor mount.

JD

(Seems like he had something to do with the design of the Vegas)

The .21 powered Vegas boats that I've seen don't seem to be able to handle the power of a .21 well enough (not enough boat for the engine). I would take Jerry's advice and put an .18 TZ in the boat and then run sport 20 with that.

buy one with a standard 5mm crank not the SG crank--both below have proboat flywheels and octura flex hex-

P10300421.jpg

P1020898.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Truth is a 21 work very well in a Miss Vegas (not the Deuce). Runs 50mph all day long.

Grim

Discovered that the stock brass dtuffing tube is just the right size for a .187 flex shaft. That made things easier.

Latest posts

Back