Miss Bud mod

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi Yota,

Boat looks great !

1 question I got is about that air scoop on the top, doesn't that create drag/lift ? Is the scoop that high off the deck needed? If that huge scoop was gone the boat would look more like a sport 20. Since you are so good at this body worked could you do like a chop and bring it down to say 1/4 its overall height (the scoop that is)? Looks great anyway ya look at it.

Paul

Ive been trying to picture how it would look in several different ways, I'll be honest the scoop looks like crap for that fact it looks like crap right out of the box new---it to big and over powers the hull with the wing etc. on the boat it kinda hides it but take the junk off the hull and it pops right out

kinda waiting to get the engine here to see what would work the best, how it is now engine would be 100% covered if i hack it ill have cooling head sticking up not really an issue though---might just do up the cowl and cut it out for the engine / pipe later-- cant paint it till I get a stuffing tube and strut for it anyway

gonna run with no cowling might make a cover for the rear section but remembering back this boat runs better without it anyway, also just set the stock engine/pipe in it where it should be and even the stock cowl wont work with the finned head, if i kept stock engine location and kept the cowl the nose would be full of lead to keep it from draggin the rear

body rework is now done--Cowl rear mounts filled screws removed(microballoons and resin to keep from using body filler) also where the cowl recesses in the front end now blended, sides of engine compartment top has been built up with glass inside front end the seam was ground out and glassed also around the opening top side has been glassed, removed the engine mounting blocks and ground the floor of the boat down level lots of little stuff done.. Still lots to do engine rails, stuffing tube etc., then paint.

100_1513.jpg

how about a cowl like this

005-14.jpg

004-15.jpg

003-22.jpg

002-25.jpg

I cut abtout 1/4 of an inch off and dropped the front of the cowl down to make it look like its suppose to.

If you was trying to make it like the real version?? Your off. On the opening what this a 1/8+air restriction around the cowl scoop opening. Yota heres my boats you saw them. The bage proboat will be heavy tricked out. The front spoiler&rear wing will be servo operated. I'm going to add windows and a drive just to be a smart butt! :D The rear tail fins and wing are made out of light materials way lighter then the old stockers and tail fins will fold over like the real hydros too.=I shouldnt have to worrie about tail fins cracking like they do on the stockers.It will have twin saddle tanks and a moded CMB.21RS Redhead in it. This boat will be my super/trickedout Oberto hydro. :D
gallery_3638_408_53540.jpg
gallery_3638_408_77439.jpg
gallery_3638_408_54601.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Off????????? I don't hardly think so considering I have the hydro museum 15 mins away from me and I have O'berto cowl sitting in my yard. roger newton accross the valley from me.......do some research. Miss you have put me down on this twice now without any suggestions..... Yota just wanted some ideas and I gave him one. so why don't you be a little more positive when judging others work.

Off????????? I don't hardly think so considering I have the hydro museum 15 mins away from me and I have O'berto cowl sitting in my yard. roger newton accross the valley from me.......do some research. Miss you have put me down on this twice now without any suggestions..... Yota just wanted some ideas and I gave him one. so why don't you be a little more positive when judging others work.
look at your scoop opening. you got 1/8+around the inside=smaller/restrickive air flow. My proublem is ,when somebody takes my ideas and takes credit for it.like your buddy james did. I was the first one who done this to a proboat in 06! The funnest thing is he's rip on my boat for having one on it!!! And now he's making them and selling them!!! Plus yota doesnt want to run a cowl as he'd told me. But if he does?he's not having any cowl scoops on his boat.That was the other option he'd told me.

first off it the same as the original opening except for bringing the cowl down 1/4" lower, so there is no air restriction as you call it and second I didn't steal your idea.... I hadn't even seen your boats until the first time you razzed me....... Sue me if its copyrighted or patented and to top it all off I could care less if you were the first to put an extended scoop on a proboat.........

Any way you look at it the extended scoop looks better on the boat than without it. Oh and last thing.....James is an idiot and we all know that.

Who said I was taking credit for anything????? I sure didn't.

have a nice day.

Miss Hydro,

Nice work on the proboat! I like the cockpit and the variable front wing. You said you were going to control the wings, front and back, with a servo? How you gonna fit all that into a tiny 1/12th, lol. You do great work. I've seen some of your first boats and you have come along way. Have you ever thought about building an 8th scale hydro? One thing I try to remember when it comes to copying work is, were all here to share ideas and the fact that everything has to be fabricated by hand, copying is a good thing. It helps us find new ideas and new ways to fabricate old ones. Oh and I saw the "J" man try to attempt to build a saltwater cowl, but as far as I know he never finished it. His work is second rate anyhow. Apparently he has a 10,000 S.F. facility with professional machines and 10 employees, but it still comes out second rate, lol. Keep up the good work. What kind of speeds are you getting out of that Oberto? Is that the one with the CMB .21 RS?

Travis

Guppy where did you get your idea from? I bet from james!! Because two members from RTR zone told me about it and showed me pics of your boat guppy. I dont care who's does them/copies them, but I was the first to do them in 06. Tampa I might put the CMB.21RS from my oberto1 to place in to the moded hull or try a GO.21 7+2 port race motor in it. All I can say that boat make all my other boats look like slugs in the water.

Guppy where did you get your idea from? I bet from james!! Because two members from RTR zone told me about it and showed me pics of your boat guppy. I dont care who's does them/copies them, but I was the first to do them in 06. Tampa I might put the CMB.21RS from my oberto1 to place in to the moded hull or try a GO.21 7+2 port race motor in it. All I can say that boat make all my other boats look like slugs in the water.
You otta get you a Garmin Foretrex GPS. I just picked one up for 60.00 shipped. They're great. I also use it when I workout. Best 60 bucks I've spent in a long time. lol. I know what you mean about the slugs in the water. When I run my supersport 45 then I run the MV with the rossi 21 it's like night and day. And the MV is pretty darn fast now that I'l had a chance to get tuned. I'm going to GPS it this weekend hopefully. Keep up the good work! Oh and there's nothing wrong with demanding credit where credit is due. lol.

Travis

Saltwater Cowls have been a part of the Unlimiteds since the early 90's. I am not sure how you can take credit for something that has been done for a long time. The Pro Boats are based on the real boats, which have the cowl.

I give you credit for being the first person to do it (and share your pictures) on the Pro Boat. However, I don't think people are copying you. They are copying the Unlimited Hydroplanes.

Rick

92_Coors_Dry_on_Trailer_in_San_Diego.jpg

Saltwater Cowls have been a part of the Unlimiteds since the early 90's. I am not sure how you can take credit for something that has been done for a long time. The Pro Boats are based on the real boats, which have the cowl.
I give you credit for being the first person to do it (and share your pictures) on the Pro Boat. However, I don't think people are copying you. They are copying the Unlimited Hydroplanes.

Rick
I'm saying just saying I was the first person who's done one on the proboat hydros. I know the real ones are the first. My main proublem is no one hasnt done one until RTR Zone boys started doing them. James started that on his websight!!!=RTR Zone!!! He's ripped on me for having one and said it looks stupied!!! And Now he's making them??!!! He's a two facer!!!!!rip off artist!! Tampa I've been driving my Oberto.21CMB RS at half throtle!! It scary fast!!! It wants to jump the water like a rabbit!! My boyfriend drove it and lost radio signal and beached it and it was very fast and scared the living daylights out of him!! He's said its a very fast& dangerious boat!!! The maine thing everyone on RTR zone thinks James is the first one who'd done that saltwater scoop job!NOT!!!!!!!!!! I dont care who's does them/copies them. Oh tampa I'm going to use water proff micro servos for the front spoiler&rear wing.

Oh tampa I'm going to use water proff micro servos for the front spoiler&rear wing.

You should try my waterproofing method using the corrosion inhibitor. You can pick it up at a marine store (boaters world or similar) for about 5 bucks. After I did my post on RTRZone TLR started to sell it for 10. Ripp off! You can make any servo waterproof. I use it on all my radio gear. It's so good I don't even use a radio box at all. i just put my rx in a balloon which most people do anyway. works wonders. And it's convenient. no retaping r-boxes or having to install 8-10 screws everytime you need to change something. Also I can mount the servos exactly where they need to be and not confined to a little r-box in the front middle or back. In my sport 40 I have my throttle/mixture servos up front and the steering servo mounted in the back. I think that works better than having a really long linkage to my rudder. I just use two short titanium turnbuckles and a large nylon sullivan gold-n-rod. works great and I can adjust the length with out disconnecting the clevis or having to loosen collets and losing my starting point. Try it out its called CRC corrosion inhibitor. I'm actually coating three new futaba 2.4G Rx's I just bought. Oh and you don't have to use the electrolite grease I used in the post. That's just a little added benefit. I've found it doesn't really help or hurt either way.

Travis

To set the record straight......I saw the cowl that James was doing and thought it was a joke......it looked like doo doo and I made mine to show him what

an extended cowl should like......after that I hadn't seen him post anything......James is a friggin joke. I don't take anything from or his BS on the RTR zone

which I'm no longer a member since I mentioned his lies here.

name='tampa1330' date='Jul 2 2008, 05:07 PM' post='246646'
Oh tampa I'm going to use water proff micro servos for the front spoiler&rear wing.

You should try my waterproofing method using the corrosion inhibitor. You can pick it up at a marine store (boaters world or similar) for about 5 bucks. After I did my post on RTRZone TLR started to sell it for 10. Ripp off! You can make any servo waterproof. I use it on all my radio gear. It's so good I don't even use a radio box at all. i just put my rx in a balloon which most people do anyway. works wonders. And it's convenient. no retaping r-boxes or having to install 8-10 screws everytime you need to change something. Also I can mount the servos exactly where they need to be and not confined to a little r-box in the front middle or back. In my sport 40 I have my throttle/mixture servos up front and the steering servo mounted in the back. I think that works better than having a really long linkage to my rudder. I just use two short titanium turnbuckles and a large nylon sullivan gold-n-rod. works great and I can adjust the length with out disconnecting the clevis or having to loosen collets and losing my starting point. Try it out its called CRC corrosion inhibitor. I'm actually coating three new futaba 2.4G Rx's I just bought. Oh and you don't have to use the electrolite grease I used in the post. That's just a little added benefit. I've found it doesn't really help or hurt either way.

Travis
Oh So Now the CRC Corrosion inhibitor was your idea to, Thats funny seams like I remeber telling you about it and how I used it on my real boat for years and decided to use it on my servos to keep them dry when the radio box takes on water on condinsation. Who's rippin who off?

I'd been using CRC on my servos too,But I'm not going to chance it since they wont be in a radio box. Going to get two water proff mini servos for my wing&spoiler.

Latest posts

Back