mikep"s paper towel finish

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

willit

mikep"s paper towel finish

Iwould thank you"ll if you "ll hep this big dummy in trying ta find mike p's towel finish. i"ve seen alls

answer . but i dont understand if your saying a half towel folded flat

and dragging across or am i missing sonething somewhere. i aint going my words wirte for so resaon mst be sumtum reda. i been readn all ya.lls luv lettres to each other for a hile and ya.ll aRE GREAT . Tom id really like to do the fiehouse boats in gas size 43 x 23 thank itllfloat thanks wiilit

Re:mikep"s paper towel finish

I like to use a old bed sheet and wipe the epoxy on with your finger tips inside one thickness of cloth. Keep wipping til its as thin as you can get it pulling it along the boat. A little goes a long way & sand 320 between coats just to get the fuzz off.

My 2 cents.

Mike K

GS Thanks for the reply,I'll give it a try on the boat when i get it all filled. Thanks again,

When i stop being so slow at building my Villain, i believe i will give this a try...hopefully i cant stuff it up ;)

I like to use those paper towels that have the small sheets on the roll they are about half the size of regular ones. Then I stack 3 or 4 of them and rip them in half. I then have a stack of paper towels about 6" or 7" square. I fold them up into a tool about 3/4" by 2". I can use the 1/2" end or the 2" side. I like the stiffness of the paper towel folded this way it helps in the corners and hard to reach spots.

I you are getting lint it is because your rubbing rough surface and you will need to sand it anyway and the lint isn't going to matter. When you get to the finishing coats the lint isn't as big a problem.

-MikeP

Latest posts

Back