Michigan Club's

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

larcor69

Supporting Member
let's have all the Mi. club's post here

Saginaw Bay R/C Boat Club, club pond is west of saginaw off M-46..http://saginawrcboats.wxpage1.com/

IMPBA Dist.-2

Transom Twister's MBC, club pond in Warren,Mi. northern suburb of Detroit..www.transomtwistersmbc.com

(web site under construction) IMPBA Dist-2

I listed the club that I'm in and the Ford MBC is already listed in here. The IMPBA site isn't up to date.

There is also a FE club based out of the Lansing area that has a big annual race at Camp Dearborn in Milford and are NAMBA sanctioned. I think that it's www.mmeu.com .

As for the FE club, it consists of members from Kalamazoo/Portage to Romeo. Currently our "home pond" is located in Shelby Township. However, we've been know to run in Memphis, Michigan. I believe we will be avoiding the Camp Dearborn site due to the smaller size of the ponds and the sea wall issue. This year the MMEU club will be hosting the 2009 NAMBA FE Nationals. The core council is still in the process of securing a pond for this event. If anyone is interested in the FE club, please feel free to ask questions.

Mike

I am getting back into boats after a long absence and have recently purchased a 1/8 scale from a IW member.

I live in Macomb Twp and would like to join a local club. could someone forward a contact name and location.

Thanks

Kevin

The Ford Model Boat Club may be the closest one to you plus they have quite a few 1/8 scale boaters.

I am getting back into boats after a long absence and have recently purchased a 1/8 scale from a IW member.I live in Macomb Twp and would like to join a local club. could someone forward a contact name and location.

Thanks

Kevin
Oakland Wolverine Model Boat Club

Detroit, Michigan

http://www.owmbc.org/

President

Garl Clement

23414 Edsel Ford Court

St. Clair Shores, MI 48080

(586) 344-3155

[email protected]

===================

Ford Motor Boat Club

Milford / Dearborn, Michigan

http://www.fordmodelboatclub.com

President

Josh Stollfuss

3413 Merrick Street

Dearborn, MI 48124

313-283-3621

[email protected]

Is there a club that runs at 24 mile and Vandyke across from the Mcdonalds?
Kevin, it's 23 mile cross from McDonalds. There's actually 2 clubs running there on different days. There's FE guys there on Wed at 6:00 just to test and practicce and then there's a fuel club out there on Thursdays. They're running some classes for points. The FE guys are back out one Sunday per month for actually club races. We're too spread out for every week. The FE club's schedule can be had at www.mmeu.com We should be out there this evening.

Terry, Are they running gas or nitro. I am in port huron and it mite be fun to just have a place to run thats close. Any chance there is a contact person for this pond?

Thanks

Mark

Mark, they're running a couple classes based on the Vegas boat. I haven't been by there to see what else they are doing. It's the Great Lakes Model boat club. They have been getting pretty big turn outs. Last time I talked to their commodor it sounded like they had all the members they could handle already. Maybe John will chime in here. He races with us too so I'll try to remember to ask.

MMEU has a race this Sunday if anyone in the area wants to come by and see how FE fools do it.

Mark, they're running a couple classes based on the Vegas boat. I haven't been by there to see what else they are doing. It's the Great Lakes Model boat club. They have been getting pretty big turn outs. Last time I talked to their commodor it sounded like they had all the members they could handle already. Maybe John will chime in here. He races with us too so I'll try to remember to ask.

MMEU has a race this Sunday if anyone in the area wants to come by and see how FE fools do it.

That is correct, currently our membership is capped at 40 members. We run every Tuesday from 2:00 pm to about 8:00pm and some Sundays. My best suggestion is to come to the pond on a Tuesday and talk to the club officers about joining. The pond is on 23 Mile Rd. and Van Dyke, the entrance is directly across the street from McDonalds.

Rhett

Latest posts

Back