metal tanks

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jason jury

hi there fellow boaters over a peroid of time i have tried metal tanks in place of the standard plastic ones in my 21 mono,s with mixed results,, the plastic tanks were sullivan 12 ounce ones but found at times i almost run out of fuel before the end of the 5 lap race,, i had a metal tank made near me the same as a rigger tank and was about 13 ounces. when ever i tried using it in place of the plastic tank i found the boat hard to get up running quick.. i only today relized that the 2 tanks were very different i weight empty, i think this could my issue with running metal tanks in my 20 mono,s i have not seen a walt barney metal tank and if possible could someone post a pick of there,s so i can compare it to mine. all info and comments welcomed please,, thankyou jason,, :)

hi there fellow boaters over a peroid of time i have tried metal tanks in place of the standard plastic ones in my 21 mono,s with mixed results,, the plastic tanks were sullivan 12 ounce ones but found at times i almost run out of fuel before the end of the 5 lap race,, i had a metal tank made near me the same as a rigger tank and was about 13 ounces. when ever i tried using it in place of the plastic tank i found the boat hard to get up running quick.. i only today relized that the 2 tanks were very different i weight empty, i think this could my issue with running metal tanks in my 20 mono,s i have not seen a walt barney metal tank and if possible could someone post a pick of there,s so i can compare it to mine. all info and comments welcomed please,, thankyou jason,, :)
Jason,

My SS tanks weigh just a little less,or the same weight, than a Plastic 12 oz tank, and have header tanks inside.to keep the fuel line full at all time with no bubbles to the carb.

Walt Barney

Tanks 2 U

ph 239-949-7137

Jason,

My SS tanks weigh just a little less,or the same weight, than a Plastic 12 oz tank, and have header tanks inside.to keep the fuel line full at all time with no bubbles to the carb.

Walt Barney

Tanks 2 U

ph 239-949-7137
hi walt thanlks for the info mate.. i think the guy who made my tank used a hevier scale aloy than what you use.. i will order 1 off you in 2 weeks pal.. cheers jason,,

Jason

I have one of Walts tanks on my 21 OBT.

Nice and light tank, and its a Stainless one.

I got a custom tank cuase its the only thing that was going to fit into my OBT.

So far so good.

Dave

Latest posts

Back