mark voorhies

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SayMikey

Hey did any one send Mark money to get home from bfe. Mark you been hacked and it may have come from here

There must be some desperate people out there my girlfriends grandpa got a call not that long ago from someone pretinding to be her saying she needed money to get home to minnesota from canada lucky for him he made a few calls before sending out any money

I got the same message, I didn't send any money, he must still be in the Philippines.

I sent him an email from my other address book and told him he was hacked.

Hey did any one send Mark money to get home from bfe. Mark you been hacked and it may have come from here
Yea, I have been hacked, there are over 400 contacts that will probobly get the message, what ever that is.

I have heard from numerous people already. Have not yet seen this message, but have heard about it's

content. Any one wish to let me know exactly what it does say? My e-mail is toast, all contacts lost.

My yahoo account is now clean with a new password and security in place.

Last edited by a moderator:
I got Marks desperate call for money as well,i guess they didnt want to leave me out of the mix.

Exact Email from Mark:

I'm so sorry to bother you,but we really need your help at the moment,my family and I came down here to Manilla Philippines for a short vacation,unfortunately we were mugged at the park of the hotel we staying ,everything we had on us was stolen including,cash,credit cards and cell phone....We need $2,500 USD to settle the bills and flying back home,we'll surely pay back as soon as we get back home. I am so confused right now and thank God i wasn't injured because I complied immediately.You can wire the funds to me via western union using my name and present location

Name:- Mark Voorhies

Western union is the fastest option to wire funds to me.You can reach me via email.Kindly quickly help me wire the funds once you receive my mail.

Thanks.

Mark Voorhies

Exact Email from Mark:

I'm so sorry to bother you,but we really need your help at the moment,my family and I came down here to Manilla Philippines for a short vacation,unfortunately we were mugged at the park of the hotel we staying ,everything we had on us was stolen including,cash,credit cards and cell phone....We need $2,500 USD to settle the bills and flying back home,we'll surely pay back as soon as we get back home. I am so confused right now and thank God i wasn't injured because I complied immediately.You can wire the funds to me via western union using my name and present location

Name:- Mark Voorhies

Western union is the fastest option to wire funds to me.You can reach me via email.Kindly quickly help me wire the funds once you receive my mail.

Thanks.

Mark Voorhies

Wow, what a load of crap! Thanks for sending that Jerry. Now I have to see if Yahoo can recover 13 years of

my lost contacts!

Mark, you need to go to a third party email client such as Outlook and then you can control your own email/contacts. Won't stop hacking events such as this but, you will still have all your contacts/saved emails.

My 2 cents.

Jerry

Do you know how I handle these emails when I get them?? I reply back to them and I say "How about I meet up with you and personally hand you the money"? I got an email back once from someone that said " I don't understand" I said, "Well, I happen to be traveling in England now and I could meet up with you" Never got a reply back..........

I received Mark plea also. Lol.

Are people really still falling for these scams? I guess if the do this 1000 times and get one fool they score.

On easy way you can protect your contacts is by having another E-mail account elsewhere with the same contacts duplicated there. It is very easy to sync them from one account to another account.

Mark, you need to go to a third party email client such as Outlook and then you can control your own email/contacts. Won't stop hacking events such as this but, you will still have all your contacts/saved emails.

My 2 cents.

Jerry
Jerry, point well taken, thanks

I received Mark plea also. Lol.

Are people really still falling for these scams? I guess if the do this 1000 times and get one fool they score.

On easy way you can protect your contacts is by having another E-mail account elsewhere with the same contacts duplicated there. It is very easy to sync them from one account to another account.
Daniel, thanks for the good info. The down side of all this is , all the great people in the boating community, that I

have had any contact with will probably get the same scam message. I had just over 500 contacts, some personal,

some business, over 13 years.

My apologies to all for this. My account with Yahoo is now clean and secured.

Back