Mark Leyde Novarossi

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here's the setup I am running right now. Lights conversion-crank is turboed,streamlined and "ramped". Ramping was done with high-density,chemical resistant RTV. PTO is stock. I replaced flywheel with K&B version. Original head clearance was over twenty thousandths. I set it at ten thousandths. I am currently making a new head button to use std glowplugs. I had trouble with the original carb,so I replaced it with a D&J carb. I am running 65% nitro with 9% oil. I am running an "Equi" big belly pipe with 3/4" removed from the flat band. Prop is an Octura X450 that is back-cut and detounged. The boat is Tommy Lee's wood oval boat with the turn fin. I ran the boat with my K&B 45 that I ran at the WTC last year (tied with Jay for first,dumped in the run off). I then switched to the Novarossi .46. I ran it awhile to get some time on it and to get the needle. The boat is noticably faster with the Novarossi. With a little more break-in It will be a "rocket".

Here's the setup I am running right now. Lights conversion-crank is turboed,streamlined and "ramped". Ramping was done with high-density,chemical resistant RTV. PTO is stock. I replaced flywheel with K&B version. Original head clearance was over twenty thousandths. I set it at ten thousandths. I am currently making a new head button to use std glowplugs. I had trouble with the original carb,so I replaced it with a D&J carb. I am running 65% nitro with 9% oil. I am running an "Equi" big belly pipe with 3/4" removed from the flat band. Prop is an Octura X450 that is back-cut and detounged. The boat is Tommy Lee's wood oval boat with the turn fin. I ran the boat with my K&B 45 that I ran at the WTC last year (tied with Jay for first,dumped in the run off). I then switched to the Novarossi .46. I ran it awhile to get some time on it and to get the needle. The boat is noticably faster with the Novarossi. With a little more break-in It will be a "rocket".
Bob, that sound great! Be CAREFUL with that low oil (i hope is has some castor in it)...we have stuck a couple of pistons running low oil on new engines once we really leaned on them. Can you tell why you were having trouble with the Nova carb? Did you remove the low speed needle? I have the std plug heads instock now if you need another one.

Thanks for the feedback on the header!

Glenn

Bob, that sound great! Be CAREFUL with that low oil (i hope is has some castor in it)...we have stuck a couple of pistons running low oil on new engines once we really leaned on them. Can you tell why you were having trouble with the Nova carb? Did you remove the low speed needle? I have the std plug heads instock now if you need another one.

Glenn
Glenn we are having problems with the carb as well. When you tighten down the pull bar that snugs the carb into the engine, the barrel locks up and doesn't turn.

-Jr.

Glenn
Glenn we are having problems with the carb as well. When you tighten down the pull bar that snugs the carb into the engine, the barrel locks up and doesn't turn.

-Jr.
Jr, that is a weird one...I have never heard of that, so I just took one of my motors and tightened the draw bar as tight as I could get it (bent the wrench) and the carb still feels completely normal. If you want to send that carb back so I can check it out I will be happy to send you a new one. Have you been able to use it at all? Does the carb seems to be working OK for you? Is it still stock or did you remove the low speed needle? I know Martin has been using the prototype Zoom, but I have been using the stock one (with the low speed removed) and have been very happy with it.

Let me know if you want me to get a new carb on the way to you.

Thanks for the feed back!

GQ

I too have not had this issue... stock carb with low end removed works well.

i just did the same Glenn, tighten carb as tight as i could on 3 motors and they where all fine

regards Aaron

Glenn

-Jr.
Jr, that is a weird one...I have never heard of that, so I just took one of my motors and tightened the draw bar as tight as I could get it (bent the wrench) and the carb still feels completely normal. If you want to send that carb back so I can check it out I will be happy to send you a new one. Have you been able to use it at all? Does the carb seems to be working OK for you? Is it still stock or did you remove the low speed needle? I know Martin has been using the prototype Zoom, but I have been using the stock one (with the low speed removed) and have been very happy with it.

GQ
Wow talk about customer service. Glenn is on top of things. Haha

Yeah the carb is completely stock from the factory. When we tightened the drawbar it would lock up as it was. The only thing that has been done since is to try to wet sand the barrel to help free it up some but that didn't seem to help a whole lot at all.

We are using it, but have to be careful because it occassionally sticks when running so you just have to be aware of "OFF" on the throttle trigger. lol. But I'll shoot you a PM and we can figure something out. Maybe I can send it to you for you to look it over.

Other than that, the engine is running GREAT and Mark's crank is working out perfect.

Thanks,

-Jr.

Last edited by a moderator:

Glenn

-Jr.

GQ
Wow talk about customer service. Glenn is on top of things. Haha

Yeah the carb is completely stock from the factory. When we tightened the drawbar it would lock up as it was. The only thing that has been done since is to try to wet sand the barrel to help free it up some but that didn't seem to help a whole lot at all.

We are using it, but have to be careful because it occassionally sticks when running so you just have to be aware of "OFF" on the throttle trigger. lol. But I'll shoot you a PM and we can figure something out. Maybe I can send it to you for you to look it over.

Other than that, the engine is running GREAT and Mark's crank is working out perfect.

Thanks,

-Jr.
Jr, I will get a new carb out to you Monday. Once you get it you can send me the other one back. PM sent back to you.

I'm glad everything else is working out great!

Glenn

Novarossi running strong and got the break- in gallon through it.

Running some hot next weekend so we'll see how it goes.

Crank, PTO, and flywheel holding up great. This motor is faster than ANYTHING I've driven. Another great motor from Glenn and Team Novarossi! As well as another great kit from Mark and Tim Leyde.

Glenn, did you get the PM we sent back? Thanks for helping us get a new one out, not sure of why it's doing this. Hopefully this will straighten it out.

Thanks for checking this out guys,

- Brandon

Crank, PTO, and flywheel holding up great. This motor is faster than ANYTHING I've driven. Another great motor from Glenn and Team Novarossi! As well as another great kit from Mark and Tim Leyde.

Glenn, did you get the PM we sent back? Thanks for helping us get a new one out, not sure of why it's doing this. Hopefully this will straighten it out.

- Brandon
Brandon, yeah I got the PM and your new carb went out first thing this morning. This is the exact carb I tightened down in my motor as tight as I could so it should be OK.

That is really great news that the motor is running so good! It looks like someone is going to have to figure out a better lower unit so you don't keep breaking cables, etc!

Glenn

- Brandon
Brandon, yeah I got the PM and your new carb went out first thing this morning. This is the exact carb I tightened down in my motor as tight as I could so it should be OK.

That is really great news that the motor is running so good! It looks like someone is going to have to figure out a better lower unit so you don't keep breaking cables, etc!

Glenn
Alright, thanks Glenn!

We've only broken one and that was just from not enough grease. We got that straightened out quick.

- Brandon

- Brandon

Glenn
Alright, thanks Glenn!

We've only broken one and that was just from not enough grease. We got that straightened out quick.

- Brandon
Nope, it's been two so far bro. You twisted one by yourself when it was you and dad and the other cable broke when I ran with you guys this weekend. Not to mention the two K&B dog drives this thing has already spun and ruined. Just too much power. The bottom end hole-shot is unbelievable. Lol.

Now that it's got a gallon of fuel through it we just have to work on translating all of that extra brute force into some fast lap times and lots of mph.

But yeah, it's to the point where we're going to have to start investigating other lower units or else setting up a continuous oiler system that will last the whole race for the K&B lower because greasing the shaft before every run just isn't cutting it.

-Jr.

Started breaking in engine yesterday ordered standard head button will keep on on thursday, still lots more brake in needed

Hey Glenn,

Got the Carb in today, we tightened it down to see if it would lock up bad.

and "Knock on wood" works fine. Not sure of what happened with the other one, but we'll get it out asap.

Thanks Glenn!,

Brandon

Glenn,

I was talking to Dick today and I wanted to get an update on the standard or modified head buttons for these engines to accomodate standard glow plugs. I would like to trade/purchase one for my engine as well. Can you let me know whats available and what you are recommending at this time? Thanks.

Going to do some more testing this morning.I am getting excited about the performance potential of this new motor. Can't wait to race it and then maybe put it on my SAW boat (Tommy Lee's boat) and see what it can do!

Going to do some more testing this morning.I am getting excited about the performance potential of this new motor. Can't wait to race it and then maybe put it on my SAW boat (Tommy Lee's boat) and see what it can do!
Bob,

Did you change out the head button?

What did you go with?

What clearance are you using, .012?

We are trying to get ours ready as well. Thanks.

Back