Mark Leyde Novarossi

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Glenn,

I was talking to Dick today and I wanted to get an update on the standard or modified head buttons for these engines to accomodate standard glow plugs. I would like to trade/purchase one for my engine as well. Can you let me know whats available and what you are recommending at this time? Thanks.
Ron, Yes I have the std plug buttons in stock. I can't really afford to trade with you but if you want to buy one ($30) I will reduce the volume for free if you want. As for what I am find works best...the stock button runs just fine, but we are seeing more torque with the head volume reduced. I am not certian if the OB's need/can use the additional troque??? As for plug type, I always prefer the turbo plugs, but for most folks the price, heat range selection, etc make the std plugs their number one choice. Either will give great performance.

Glenn

Glenn,

I was talking to Dick today and I wanted to get an update on the standard or modified head buttons for these engines to accomodate standard glow plugs. I would like to trade/purchase one for my engine as well. Can you let me know whats available and what you are recommending at this time? Thanks.
Ron, Yes I have the std plug buttons in stock. I can't really afford to trade with you but if you want to buy one ($30) I will reduce the volume for free if you want. As for what I am find works best...the stock button runs just fine, but we are seeing more torque with the head volume reduced. I am not certian if the OB's need/can use the additional troque??? As for plug type, I always prefer the turbo plugs, but for most folks the price, heat range selection, etc make the std plugs their number one choice. Either will give great performance.

Glenn
Glenn,

Please PM me your PayPal and total for the std head button. I would appreciate you reducing the volume for me. I will send you payment right away as I will need it next week. Can you ship today?

BTW, we have the sample outboard water cooled header on Dick's boat and it works great. The water cooling jacked needs to be moved closer to the bend to give additional room for pipe coupler. We are not using the cooling on the header but for someone that wants to cool the header, this will work. Please let NovaRossi know the header itself is perfect and I would like to order one non-cooled for my setup as soon as they are available. Thanks again.

Last edited by a moderator:
Glenn,

Glenn
Glenn,

Please PM me your PayPal and total for the std head button. I would appreciate you reducing the volume for me. I will send you payment right away as I will need it next week. Can you ship today?

BTW, we have the sample outboard water cooled header on Dick's boat and it works great. The water cooling jacked needs to be moved closer to the bend to give additional room for pipe coupler. We are not using the cooling on the header but for someone that wants to cool the header, this will work. Please let NovaRossi know the header itself is perfect and I would like to order one non-cooled for my setup as soon as they are available. Thanks again.
Ron, I will send the PM. I am at work, so I won't be able to ship today. I may be able to get it modded tonight and get it out tomorrow...I am leaving EARLY tomorrow morning headed to Dallas to watch Martin in the NASCAR race this weekend.

I will let Nova the headers are working good....thanks! I am not sure how long until they can get them into production.

Glenn

Ran my 46 again today. Same fuel,carb and pipe. Switched to Odonnell medium turbo plug. Started playing with props and setup. The best performance was with Tommy Lee's modified 1450. The boat really came alive and now it started to blow the coupler off the header. Tried all kinds of clamps,to no avail,so I had to flare the end of the header slightly. No more coupler problems! After getting the boat just right,I thought I would give the original carb another chance. No luck,it still would not run. I am quite happy with the performance at this time,but the boat keeps getting faster as the motor breaks in. I can't wait to get this motor in the heat of competition. Thanks Glenn,Novarossi and Mark Leyde for this adrenaline rush. See everybody at the Worlds!

Ran my 46 again today. Same fuel,carb and pipe. Switched to Odonnell medium turbo plug. Started playing with props and setup. The best performance was with Tommy Lee's modified 1450. The boat really came alive and now it started to blow the coupler off the header. Tried all kinds of clamps,to no avail,so I had to flare the end of the header slightly. No more coupler problems! After getting the boat just right,I thought I would give the original carb another chance. No luck,it still would not run. I am quite happy with the performance at this time,but the boat keeps getting faster as the motor breaks in. I can't wait to get this motor in the heat of competition. Thanks Glenn,Novarossi and Mark Leyde for this adrenaline rush. See everybody at the Worlds!
Bob,

What carb did you find that works and fits the best?

Bob, great to hear it is working so well! Can you tell me what the stock carb is doing?

Thanks!

Glenn

The stock carb was binding. I got that worked out. It was very hard to get started and when it worked at 3/4 throttle it would quit at full throttle. I removed the low speed needle,no change. I started shortening the spraybar to get a better signal,no change. If it's rich enough to run on full throttle,it will not start. I have to choke it or put my finger over the stinger to get fuel to the carb every time.

The stock carb was binding. I got that worked out. It was very hard to get started and when it worked at 3/4 throttle it would quit at full throttle. I removed the low speed needle,no change. I started shortening the spraybar to get a better signal,no change. If it's rich enough to run on full throttle,it will not start. I have to choke it or put my finger over the stinger to get fuel to the carb every time.
Thanks for the feedback...I will pass it to the factory.
GQ

Back