Marine Modelling Article-Classic Hydros Shovelnose

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DJ Campbell

In the May issue of Marine Modelling, Ernie Lazenby wrote a nice 4 page article about building a Vintage Shovelnose kit. He added a wood deck to it and made it look good! Check it out.

DJ Campbell said:
In the May issue of Marine Modelling, Ernie Lazenby wrote a nice 4 page article about building a Vintage Shovelnose kit. He added a wood deck to it and made it look good! Check it out.
99174[/snapback]

Congrats on the International coverage Doug.

I saw a picture of one of your hydros done up that way, maybe this is the same one. Anyway, GOD THATS COOL!!! I,m just finishing up another one of your hulls and considering a wood deck finish. On the other hand, then I'd be scared of the bump and grind. :p

J Solinger said:
I saw a picture of one of your hydros done up that way, maybe this is the same one. Anyway, GOD THATS COOL!!! I,m just finishing up another one of your hulls and considering a wood deck finish. On the other hand, then I'd be scared of the bump and grind. :p
99416[/snapback]

I'm going to experiment with laminating 64th or 32nd ply all around one of the lighter styrene hulls and see what kind of strength, rigidity and weight it ends up with. And how much of the inner structure can go away. Probably use epoxy and thinned epoxy to seal the wood.

Latest posts

Back