making a rigger stand?

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here is the stand I make for my rigger's out of PVC

MatrixRear.jpg

what ia the best way to make a stand for a 20 size rigger? wood? pvc? pics will be alot of help!

my stand form 12 rigger is made from cheep construction grade 1 x 4 pine. I just sealed it with epoxy when I was done.

I bought a stand for my Eagle .67 from JRS Innovations and like it so much I asked that he build one for a scratch built .45 I have for which he has a dimensions list form that can be completed to custom build any stand. I also have two tunnel stands on the way. A great way to go if you would like a nice custom stand and he has stands that are already dimensioned for several different boats. He also has prop boxes and a few radio boxes.

I bought a stand for my Eagle .67 from JRS Innovations and like it so much I asked that he build one for a scratch built .45 I have for which he has a dimensions list form that can be completed to custom build any stand. I also have two tunnel stands on the way. A great way to go if you would like a nice custom stand and he has stands that are already dimensioned for several different boats. He also has prop boxes and a few radio boxes.
He can also custom engrave your name, racing logo or racing #. All my boats have his stuff, Radio box kits, stands, custom logo work and prop boxes. Top Notch stuff.

Robert Holland

He can also custom engrave your name, racing logo or racing #. All my boats have his stuff, Radio box kits, stands, custom logo work and prop boxes. Top Notch stuff.

Robert Holland
The Crapshooter stands look like a pair of hockey sticks with cross booms. If you drill a hole in the big end of the hockey stick and cut half the hole off it will sit in the front boom tubes. Then you can make the back brace hold the rear of the boat up. Hope thats not too much information! I saw a Whip stand but my vision was not focused on the boat!!

ummmm ummmmmmmm ummmmmm I do think we need a closer detailed pic of that padded custom stand, I seem to have lost my glasses

Ya know I was thinking of a few different colors to make it in, any suggestions from the peanut gallery?

1/2" Baltic Birch plywood protected by exterior polyurethane is my material of choice. Notch the middle of the front sponson support and the prop cover to raise the hull for prop changes and drive line adjustments.

FF18_Stand_1.jpg

FF18_Stand_2.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Back