What make is this rig?

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kent Fowler

Supporting Member
Hello, would anyone here be able to tell me about this boat? I purchased this rigger on feebay ,the seller knew nothing about it, no name of builder just that it came from his buyer who purchased the whole lot.
There are several more that are from the same builder on feebay ....I got it for way less than seller was asking, this would be my first rigger, any help is greatly appreciated!!!!!

Thank you
Kent

Attachments

• IMG_20221219_134253031.jpg
    IMG_20221219_134253031.jpg
    842.9 KB · Views: 1
  • IMG_20221219_133326848.jpg
    IMG_20221219_133326848.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 1
  • IMG_20221219_114204640.jpg
    IMG_20221219_114204640.jpg
    766.3 KB · Views: 1
  • IMG_20221219_133433648.jpg
    IMG_20221219_133433648.jpg
    480.1 KB · Views: 2
Thank you for the info, I pulled the engine apart looks brand new very good compression tight pinch , The craftsmanship I believe is very well done ,Surprised me that the cowling is complete wood stripping ,very very light, I was going to ask would this still be a competitive boat but then answered my own question it depends who you're competing against lol 😆

These hulls came from the estate of Jim Hickle from the Toledo OH. area. They are NOT Roadrunners, but copies. Jim was a very good builder, and his boats ran well.

Hope this helps.

Steve Ball

Last edited:
These hulls came from the estate of Jim Hickle form the Toledo OH. area. They are NOT Roadrunners, but copies. Jim was a very good builder, and his boats ran well.

Hope this helps.

Steve Bal
Hello,
Yes thank you for the info, this would be my first rigger hydro ,I have three other hydroplane boats built and a 1/8 scale circus hydroplane that I am building now .
The paint job is what really caught my eye plus I had use for the OS engine that is in there. It was an easy sell to my wife because I told her the name of the boat is foxy lady just like her..... lol

Hello,
Yes thank you for the info, this would be my first rigger hydro ,I have three other hydroplane boats built and a 1/8 scale circus hydroplane that I am building now .
The paint job is what really caught my eye plus I had use for the OS engine that is in there. It was an easy sell to my wife because I told her the name of the boat is foxy lady just like her..... lol
It should be a good first rigger for you. The first thing you'll want to do is change the bearings in the engine before you run. No doubt the engine has sat unused for many years.

Have fun with it!
Steve

It should be a good first rigger for you. The first thing you'll want to do is change the bearings in the engine before you run. No doubt the engine has sat unused for many years.

Have fun with it!
Steve
Will do, I had it apart and cleaned it up and they feel very very smooth, although I do want to replace them, would you know where I can get a set?

Thanks for all the info you guys are giving I appreciate it

Will do, I had it apart and cleaned it up and they feel very very smooth, although I do want to replace them, would you know where I can get a set?

Thanks for all the info you guys are giving I appreciate it
Boca Bearing would be the place. You need the ENK80HS set for this engine.

Back