mac 84 rod

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mike Siriani

been a long time since I took my mac 84 apart, i just cant remember which way the groove in the rod faces to the drum or to the crank. i dont want to make a mistake, parts are tooo hard to find.

thanks,

mike

been a long time since I took my mac 84 apart, i just cant remember which way the groove in the rod faces to the drum or to the crank. i dont want to make a mistake, parts are tooo hard to find.

thanks,

mike

Mike,

To get more oil to the rod roller bearings, I put the groove towards the intake (front) side. Corrected from my first post.

Last edited by a moderator:
Actually, the front of the engine is the flywheel side. Hence the NR is a rear exh motor, and the MAC's are front exhaust. That was why I was asking; the front of the engine and the front of the boat are opposite. The front of the engine faces the rear of the boat (except on a gear drive 21 CMB, LOL)

Groove faces the front on the MACs, came from the man himself. :)
Just so everyones understands, what do you mean by front? Do you mean towards the crank, or towards the rotor?
Sorry I don't fly airplanes, to me the rotor is the front and the collet is the rear. :D

Like Don says... towards the lube (intake/drum/carb).... er, the fuel..... and you're right, us old timers call the flywheel end the front end.... where the 'airplane' prop is mounted... Us boaters are a mixed up bunch....

Groove faces the front on the MACs, came from the man himself. :)
Just so everyones understands, what do you mean by front? Do you mean towards the crank, or towards the rotor?
Sorry I don't fly airplanes, to me the rotor is the front and the collet is the rear. :D

Like Don says... towards the lube (intake/drum/carb).... er, the fuel..... and you're right, us old timers call the flywheel end the front end.... where the 'airplane' prop is mounted... Us boaters are a mixed up bunch....
yea try and buy a FWD exhaust when you dont know what ways is up, got lots of wrong parts.. lol

This is a eternal dispute :D

But seeing a lot of exploded-views with "engine-backplate" there where the carb. is (mostly) ,

and front-bearings for where the flywheel/collet is,

the answer is easy , but as hard to explain as to a Cuban/Afgany/Iraky what is democraty. :p

Back