Lynx Order?

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The Sherriff has a great point.. Ask around and see what others are doing.. and ask yourself, what do you want in a boat?

The Lynx is probably the best "engineered" tunnel boat I have ever seen. I saw a prototype of it in 99 but the boat did not hit until 2004. That’s not because Carl is lazy it’s because he was "Committed".

I live and love chasing his work.. Carl inspires with his designs but like I told him in 2006.. I will never EVER copy his work..

Choose your weapon men!

Grimracer…

Exactly!!!!

Its all in the set up. Some guys can take an inferior boat and win. Lots of great choices out there.

lynx takes the win for tunnels and lee craft is in second they make good hulls but you cant beat a lynx. :D
Not true. The Vision not only can compete with the Lynx but beat them too. But it is all in the setup and and the entire package to get to the top of the heap. The Lynx has been the pinnacle of tunnel boats for some time but the Vision is right with it. And those two absolutely lead the pack and is shown at the World OB Tunnel Championships every year.

LOL John John John....You are a TRIP BOY!

You guys don't think we don't already have the next step ready to bring out do you? Actually, we have been sitting on it for about 3 years waiting for you guys to catch up. Are you saying the Junker Craft is ready for some more HEAT?

LOL Just messing with you dude. But serious about the new boat. The only thing that will be different this time is these boats will not be sold to anyone...sorry. Team boats only. :eek:

-Carl,

You guys don't think we don't already have the next step ready to bring out do you? Actually, we have been sitting on it for about 3 years waiting for you guys to catch up. Are you saying the Junker Craft is ready for some more HEAT?

LOL Just messing with you dude. But serious about the new boat. The only thing that will be different this time is these boats will not be sold to anyone...sorry. Team boats only. :eek:

-Carl,
Carl,

It is just good to have so many highly competitive boats available now. When we started the World Tunnel Championships race 6 years ago that was not the case. We have come a long way. Any new innovation to improve spped and handling is most welcome. Maybe some of your new boats will show up at the WTC race.

BTW, any chance of you returning to the WTC race? This year it is April 27-29. Would love for you to return again, it has been way too long.

John

The Lynx is a great boat, but the Vision Craft is becoming very popular and is a runner, I bought a 20 Vision for a stock boat, and recently ordered a 20 Size for a Mod boat. Shawn takes pride in his boats, they are clean, straight, and the gelcoat is perfect. Anyone that wants to purchase a Vision wont be disappointed.

Beau Parsons

John,

I am just poke'n fun at you guys. It is a great race to attend. I don't like to drive for more than 6 hours one way anymore. If it is further than that, I fly or I don't go. I have just been fooling around with some custom models here at the house lately since Rushing is no longer around. I'll see who is interested in coming out there and let you know. It would be fun.

Thanks for the invitation!

-Carl

-Carl,
Then I like to join that team.....LOL

Hi,

I´m looking a lynx because here in Portugal there are some guys who are organizing a tunnel trophy don´t want to allow me to run with my Shaman with a geared STS .21 on roard engine. They say this is not a .21 hull and the geared .21 outboard speed looks more a .45 class, but here people are conservative and don´t want to invest in real goo stuff. That´s why I´m looking for the Lynx. It´s little smaller, but I think with a novarossi I will be on the top.

Regards

David Dias

hey bill ron moved here to miss thought u have the molds lol......btw u cant beat the ml ps295 out of the box.......

Last edited by a moderator:
And here i was going to buy a new lynx next year and i have to buy the old style maybe i get Otto to get it for me lol Robert

btw u cant beat the ml ps295 out of the box.......
Yeah you can. It's called a LYNX. Haha. Gotta keep stirring the pot. :p

Carl, you oughta go ahead and post mark some props to Jacksonville, FL. I think it's about that time for Team Lynx to go claim another Internats this year to rest this verdict. Shoot, might as well go ahead and bump that oval record down a bit while we're at it, just cause. :eek: :ph34r:

The Bottom Line:

Lynx, Race One or Chase One

~Jr. ;)

I sometimes wonder.... Is it the ML 295 hull's that some of the Lynx guys feel they have to belittle to make themselves believe the world revolves around their one hull ....or is it the fact that YOU KNOW I have people around me that can continue testing and help refine this initial boat design so its only a matter of time it is without question that good of a competitior? Its only been around for a little over a year and a half since the first one was built, and there are now over 40 happy owners out there. I mean really, a few guys post on here just showing they are happy with their hull and want to share that and the Lynx ego's begin to fly?? If the 295 is such a joke, why do you guys seem to let it bother you SO much. I personally am very glad I make a hull that people are excited about, enjoy running, one that has gotten a lot of new guys into P-limited and forced the class to grow, one that allows them to talk about the success they are having, sharing ideas openly without secretism, and one that is easy for ANYONE to set up....not one that makes them get bent out of shape at the mear discussion of another hull. You guys have got to be on blood pressure meds being so wound up! Just a thought, why don't you guys continue what you have been doing for 14 years, and settling it on the water. We all know the Lynx was ahead of its time, and continues to be as competitive as anything. We know that! We hear it every day!!! Just continue having fun, and sucess. That is what my drivers have been doing, they don't get up here beraiding Lynx or Vision owners. They get up here and tell storys of the fun they are having, and heats they are winning or the heats that got away from them. Just go race and have fun. Just "stiring up the pot"-That is what its about right?

I would also like to thank Dick Loeb and Ron Shaw for making the (2) P-limited ML boats they took look very good down in Florida this weekend, having 1st and 2nd points totals at the end of 5 rounds. Unfortunately the "shootout" round took the weekends combined heat sucess, dumped it all out, and made the weekend a one heat winner take all. Ron also made the ML gas tunnel look incredible as it too finished the 5 round combined heat points in first place, but again the "shootout" round took its toll. I am so thankfull to have guys like them go out am show these products can do well and enjoy sharing their success with me, and others.

Mike Luszcz

www.ml-boatworks.com

thanks mike for beating me to the punch as i prob would not have been that nice and started something here..lol...

btw...who really owns or has the lynx molds? i was told ron drake had them...then that bill b had em....what gives anyway?

I sometimes wonder.... Is it the ML 295 hull's that some of the Lynx guys feel they have to belittle to make themselves believe the world revolves around their one hull ....or is it the fact that YOU KNOW I have people around me that can continue testing and help refine this initial boat design so its only a matter of time it is without question that good of a competitior? Its only been around for a little over a year and a half since the first one was built, and there are now over 40 happy owners out there. I mean really, a few guys post on here just showing they are happy with their hull and want to share that and the Lynx ego's begin to fly?? If the 295 is such a joke, why do you guys seem to let it bother you SO much. I personally am very glad I make a hull that people are excited about, enjoy running, one that has gotten a lot of new guys into P-limited and forced the class to grow, one that allows them to talk about the success they are having, sharing ideas openly without secretism, and one that is easy for ANYONE to set up....not one that makes them get bent out of shape at the mear discussion of another hull. You guys have got to be on blood pressure meds being so wound up! Just a thought, why don't you guys continue what you have been doing for 14 years, and settling it on the water. We all know the Lynx was ahead of its time, and continues to be as competitive as anything. We know that! We hear it every day!!! Just continue having fun, and sucess. That is what my drivers have been doing, they don't get up here beraiding Lynx or Vision owners. They get up here and tell storys of the fun they are having, and heats they are winning or the heats that got away from them. Just go race and have fun. Just "stiring up the pot"-That is what its about right?

I would also like to thank Dick Loeb and Ron Shaw for making the (2) P-limited ML boats they took look very good down in Florida this weekend, having 1st and 2nd points totals at the end of 5 rounds. Unfortunately the "shootout" round took the weekends combined heat sucess, dumped it all out, and made the weekend a one heat winner take all. Ron also made the ML gas tunnel look incredible as it too finished the 5 round combined heat points in first place, but again the "shootout" round took its toll. I am so thankfull to have guys like them go out am show these products can do well and enjoy sharing their success with me, and others.

Mike Luszcz

www.ml-boatworks.com
Haha relax man. It's just a joke. It's a little thing we here in the south like to call "Smack Talk." Bragging, hoo-rah, etc. just to get guys stirred up to make things fun, competitive and add a little extra when that race date finally comes around to show who's who and what's what. It encourages competition, innovation and overall guys trying to push their boats to the next level. There's no harm intended.

We all know the Vision and the 295 are great boats. That's obvious by the Vision's increasing win total and the 295's fast electric records.That's a given.

But just like rubbin' is racin', smack talk is part of it. We're all friends on here so nothing should be taken out of context. It's all about FUN.

~Jr.

BTW, Mr. Knight don't you think it's about time we brought the original, prestegious Smack Talk Champion trophy back to the tunnel champs this year? I think it's been far too long since it's disappeared. You know Britton, Dean and Rubber Lips are already getting fired up. :lol:

~Jr.

BTW, Mr. Knight don't you think it's about time we brought the original, prestegious Smack Talk Champion trophy back to the tunnel champs this year? I think it's been far too long since it's disappeared. You know Britton, Dean and Rubber Lips are already getting fired up. :lol:

You never know. There has not been much smack talking the past few races. I guess if it picks up as well as the race attendance, it just may reappear.

I'll start it off for you. I am going to smoke your Lynx hiney just like I did last March in Brandon. Blew by you at the finish to take 1st in the heat with a VISION. Set you up so good to do it. And the same boat finished 1st at the Fall Nats last October. The VISION is the Fall Nationals B Tunnel Champion. Get ready to get smoked again. BTW, I know I have a target on my back for the WTC and the Internats and that is OK.

This started out with a guy wanting information on buying a Lynx and winds up in a crapfest. When a boat has multple WTC wins and US-1's you know it has proved itself as a heat racing hull. Carl, Tommy Lee, Mark Hopper and Mike Z are there and Shawn Junker is knocking at the door.

Thats all the people need to know (ala Jesse Ventura)

Mic

Carl, you oughta go ahead and post mark some props to Jacksonville, FL. I think it's about that time for Team Lynx to go claim another Internats this year to rest this verdict. Shoot, might as well go ahead and bump that oval record down a bit while we're at it, just cause. :eek: :ph34r:

The Bottom Line:

~Jr. ;)
Hey Jr,

While we are talking smack, tell your Dad to get that Gas Tunnel ready..... :ph34r: Just finished my ML Boatworks 480 and we set it up at the race as open water was the first time it had been wet. A couple of prop changes and it "lit up". Tell him I actually blew mine off the water in one round. It led every heat and was in first place on the final lap of the shootout when a lapped boat spun out in front of me. If heat testing continues to go well, Mike Luszcz at Ml-boatworks.com and Dick Loeb may very well have created the best production Gas Tunnel available today. No modifications necessary, just build it, and run it. Many veterans of our hobby were in and out of my tent over the course of the race looking at this boat.

PS- I hope Sr is doing well after his surgery........ ;)

Mike,

You need to stop being so defensive about your design...I know it is currently your job in building/selling thse kits BUT there are always going to be people who talk crap about boats...just remember alot of your first post's on here were not exactly 'good' for alot of manufacturers out there.

Just let you design do the talking, some people like certain boats (eg Lynx) and hate to think something can beat it (eg Vision, NS/PS295)

Cheers

Kris

This started out with a guy wanting information on buying a Lynx and winds up in a crapfest. When a boat has multple WTC wins and US-1's you know it has proved itself as a heat racing hull. Carl, Tommy Lee, Mark Hopper and Mike Z are there and Shawn Junker is knocking at the door.

Thats all the people need to know (ala Jesse Ventura)

Mic
Thank you Jesse...

Mic is right.. let the boat and design "win its way" up the ladder. Mike buddy. Stop defending your stuff man.. we like the boat.. we like you.. we want MORE boats up on top. Your stuff wins.. ENJOY THAT!

Having said that.. you also need to be ready to loose gracefully. Whether that be, racing, smack talking or being a keyboard jockey.

Hard to beat old Rubber Lips when it comes to Smack Talking.. Jr is tough too!.. get back to School Jr.. the extra 10 lbs you put on after HS is not becoming! Soon you’re going to look like your Uncle!.. Cripes.. you want that?

Grimracer

Carl, you oughta go ahead and post mark some props to Jacksonville, FL. I think it's about that time for Team Lynx to go claim another Internats this year to rest this verdict. Shoot, might as well go ahead and bump that oval record down a bit while we're at it, just cause. :eek: :ph34

The Bottom Line:

~Jr. ;)
Hey Jr,

While we are talking smack, tell your Dad to get that Gas Tunnel ready..... :ph34r: Just finished my ML Boatworks 480 and we set it up at the race as open water was the first time it had been wet. A couple of prop changes and it "lit up". Tell him I actually blew mine off the water in one round. It led every heat and was in first place on the final lap of the shootout when a lapped boat spun out in front of me. If heat testing continues to go well, Mike Luszcz at Ml-boatworks.com and Dick Loeb may very well have created the best production Gas Tunnel available today. No modifications necessary, just build it, and run it. Many veterans of our hobby were in and out of my tent over the course of the race looking at this boat.

PS- I hope Sr is doing well after his surgery........ ;)
Hey Ron after leading the shootout and giving it away who won?

And what boat was it that won? Can we get the shootout results in 20 sport and 20 mod

Thanks Shane

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back