lynx CG !!!

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My Lynx setup instructions say 7 1/4" to 7 1/2" initial CG without fuel, but does not specify if it is measured from the transom or aft edge of the sponson.

Last edited by a moderator:
My Lynx setup instructions say 7 1/4" to 7 1/2" initial CG without fuel, but does not specify if it is measured from the transom or aft edge of the sponson.

If I recall corrrectly, Carl measures from the transom and not the sponson ends.

Dan, from the original instructions info:

INITIAL C/G measured from the back of the sponson and with no fuel:

Stock 3.5cc : Race ready (w/no fuel) INITIAL C/G : 7 - 1/4 to 7- 3/8"
Mod. 3.5cc : Race ready (w/no fuel) INITIAL C/G : 7 - 5/8 to 7- 3/4"

Last edited by a moderator:
Dan, I concur with what Ronald posted, C/G is correctly measured from back of sponson not back of transom, based on original instructions from Carl and later when Ron Drake was building them. I own one built from each of them. Based on my experience (and early mistake) using these measurements from the transom puts the C/G too far forward and will make it stuff at speed, mine was at 8" until Carl straightened me out.

BTW, glad I finally met you at Hobart this year. Best of luck with the Lynx.

Wallster

Dan,

Here is a little info from the DARK-SIDE, I know the guy that designed that boat and if you go by the instructions, ( provided your boat has not been altered and you have a fresh engine) your boat will be hard to beat. The C/G on all my boats is referenced from the rear of the sponson forward but when I refer to prop location, I always reference the transom to the face of the prop dog (where the prop hub and the prop dog meet) because that is easy to measure.

I hope this helps

-Carl

hey carl !! i got mine set at 8" from the back of the sponsons. 0 degrees thrust with a bunch of weight in front of the radio box. this seems to be the best setup so far. boat is real fast with the new nova keep 21 OS lower , gadget pipe.

i was one of the front runners at the last badger race. i would have won this class but was way over on the start (round 1 )and i went balls to the wall for 3 laps, and i was gaining on the leader and was just a 1/4 of a lap back. when i blew it of into the wind. (start, 1st, 1st ) what a blast to drive thou .

im still thinking i have more speed to get so i got another prop ordered from mark s. cant wait till next year.

hey carl !! i got mine set at 8" from the back of the sponsons. 0 degrees thrust with a bunch of weight in front of the radio box. this seems to be the best setup so far. boat is real fast with the new nova keep 21 OS lower , gadget pipe.

i was one of the front runners at the last badger race. i would have won this class but was way over on the start (round 1 )and i went balls to the wall for 3 laps, and i was gaining on the leader and was just a 1/4 of a lap back. when i blew it of into the wind. (start, 1st, 1st ) what a blast to drive thou .

im still thinking i have more speed to get so i got another prop ordered from mark s. cant wait till next year.
Dan

That thing was a ROCKET ...LOL

I think the Keep engines GITRR Done .. But your boat ran like it was possesed ::::::::::::::~

Was a AWSUM RACE BUDDY ....

Some Day we will have to twin up and Keep on Trucken those 2 and who takes first with out flipping ......

Rick R

Back