Looking for pics U-65 Squire Shops

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mike,

What's the overall lenght of your Squire?

Dave
To my Cad Data that I designed and built the plugs & mold to. The hull should be 43.4375'' The Gen II DPS-108 is the same overall lenght. With a much updated bottom for higher top end speeds and lower plaining speeds.

Last edited:
After the season why not just make it the Lincoln thrift hydro.

BINGO !!!!
I guess someone called #74...Hot rod Lincoln.. The boat is nor even here yet pins and needles Just spent some time changing out the pipe on the Exide come Saturday hell or high water im testing whats going to Hobart
I almost plan to change #74 Lincoln Thrift . I tried get new decals to Graphic but no luck I just leave on U-65 so I don't want cut on cowl with dummy engine thats why!!

Give you Show four pictures Will change to paint in future and will you love it fast cheers Allan

Last edited by a moderator:
Mike,

You should check with Robin Enneper in District 2. She runs that boat and I'd bet she has a picture of it running with the full cowl.

Dave

Ok Mike,

This picture is about the only one I know of that shows the 1978 U-64 Squire ON THE WATER WITH A FULL COWL. It was being towed at the time but was good enough to allow the boat to run in RCU with a full cowl.

I will attach some other pictures of both the U-64 and U-65. The U-65 had a front spar and ran with no rear cowl and that is how we campaign the U-65 now that Brenda races. It also has rear tiplets, the U-64 did not.

I hope this helps.

Bill

A few more pictures.

Bill
Thanks Bill,if its good enough for the house that Roger Newton built it should stand up anywhere. Sorry I will miss you in Seattle its going to be a fun time for me again.....Mike

Mike,

The pictures are of the U-64, not the U-65. The one shot Bill shows of the U-65 on the trailer has the rear cowl "tail" on it, but not sure it ran with it on. A video I watch years ago had it running without the tail.

Robin wont have a picture, years ago when I was D2 Scale Director, Mike Hallam contacted me, and along with Roger Newton, looked everywhere for a photo, but couldnt fine one with a partial cowl or full cowl, so the exposed engine would be required for sure.

Thinking out loud here, was the U-64 & U-65 run at the same race and Chip drove them both ? Tri-Cities ?? 1978

"Thinking out loud here, was the U-64 & U-65 run at the same race and Chip drove them both ? Tri-Cities ?? 1978"

Hey Joe,

"Hydro's Who's Who" shows that Chip did drive both hulls in 1978 but not that he specificalloy drove both at the same race. U-65 only ran 1978 Columbia Cup - DNF, and Squire Seafair Cup - 6th. U-64 also had a DNF in Tri-Cities, and 7th in Seattle. The pic Bill sent of U-65 in the water w/o rear cowl is the only pic in water I have ever seen. I can't really tell if this pin pic is the U-65 or not. CHEERS !!! Bob

Mike,

The pictures are of the U-64, not the U-65. The one shot Bill shows of the U-65 on the trailer has the rear cowl "tail" on it, but not sure it ran with it on. A video I watch years ago had it running without the tail.

Robin wont have a picture, years ago when I was D2 Scale Director, Mike Hallam contacted me, and along with Roger Newton, looked everywhere for a photo, but couldnt fine one with a partial cowl or full cowl, so the exposed engine would be required for sure.

Thinking out loud here, was the U-64 & U-65 run at the same race and Chip drove them both ? Tri-Cities ?? 1978
Joe, Just for what is worth, I talked to Chip in Madison years back. He told me that he had ran the 64 & 65 with a full cowl on the hull.Also talked to Mike Hanson on the THE BOAT.HE told us that he never ran the THE BOAT WITHOUT a full set of Wing. So there are two story

that people can take for what there Worth! Doug Shepherd Madison, In

Mike,

Joe, Just for what is worth, I talked to Chip in Madison years back. He told me that he had ran the 64 & 65 with a full cowl on the hull.Also talked to Mike Hanson on the THE BOAT.HE told us that he never ran the THE BOAT WITHOUT a full set of Wing. So there are two story

I will work more to try to clear this up,not trying to stir controversy as getting useful data on these older boats is a pain. Looks like the Exide is going to Hobart as my Squire has been stuck in Toronto for a week. Maybe they got it out of the box and ran it a few laps

Mike,

Check out these pics my buddy is running the BOAT out here and this is the photo we used, there are a lot of really great pictures on Denslows site you can spend hours and hours just looking through them.

http://cdenslow.smugmug.com/Unlimited-Hydroplanes-Scans/1986-Columbia-Cup-Scans/10967184_x9v7T#767117962_QLHzL

Back