Looking for needle valve with 5mm X 0.80 thread size

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BrianNeumann

towg0623.jpg

I am looking for a needle valve with a similar design as the one in the picture. But I need one that has a 5mm X 0.80 thread size where it screws into the carburetor. So far every brand like O.S, Novarossi, etc... is either a 4mm X 0.50 or 5mm X 0.50 thread size. If anyone knows of a needle valve with a base that has the size threads I am looking for please let me know.

What is this for? Novarossi has one that is a special fine thread that is 5 mm. It fits their carbs.

This is for a custom carburetor I had made for my Novarossi 12. Unfortunately the side plate has a 5mm X 0.80 pitch to screw the needle into.

I would like to be able to mount a needle on the side of the carburetor due to lack of space in my setup. I do have that Novarossi needle but unfortunately the thread is 5mm X 0.50 so it is too fine of a thread. Worst case I will have to setup a remote needle but I really want to try to mount it on to the carb if I can.

Last edited by a moderator:
I was able to get another side plate made for my carb with the correct threads. Thank you for your help everybody!

I found some PICCO needles off the blck carbs and they are the rite size, 5 X .80. They are long and what I have done is make up an allen head bolt that is drilled and then cross drilled to replace the needle and gone to a remote needle.

Brad

Thank you for the information Brad! At least I know that a needle valve exists with that thread size.

to jhave the needle on the black carbs made it too wide to put in most hydros unless you drilled a hole in the tub side for it to stick through. I have a couple that I took out if you need.

Brad

Thank you for the offer Brad I appreciate that! I should have my problem solved with a new carb side plate on the way, but if something changes I will take you up on one of them. That's very nice of you!

Back