Looking for Chrome Plater

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ivy McNeil

Does anyone here do Chrome Plating or know of someone who does plating, I have machined a new liner for a .40 engine and i need to get it plated.

TIA

Ivy McNeil

I think an Aussie named Stirton does some. I know Ernie LaFluer had some done down there, and they were beautiful. I used to know several people who did it, but they have all quit.

Last edited by a moderator:
McNeil,

I'm not going to recommend anyone in particular, just offer a comment or two. Any plater you end up working with (unless someone here at Intlwaters steps up) is going to hit you with a mimimum lot charge ($$$), or may not even talk to you directly as John Q Public. I'd suggest seeking out a friend who is a machinist that regularly employs the services of a plater. you may be able to get your sleeve "racked" with his parts and piggy-back at a nominal charge.

ct.

You really need to find someone who has experience in prepping, plating, and fitting the piston(honing), unless you plan on doing all that yourself. The chrome has to be honed or ground to finish fit and taper.

Ivy,

Contact Bob Oge. He is on the US Control Line Speed team and has been doing chrome work for glow engines for about 20 years. He did a VERY nice job on the sleeves for my in-line twin I'm building.

(815) 286-3969

[email protected]

Hope this helps. Brad.

Titan Racing Components

BlackJack Hydros

Ivy,

There are actually two carbs, one for each cylinder. They are mounted just like on the MAC's, only with four bolts instead of two.

Thanks. Brad.

Titan Racing Components

BlackJack Hydros

Back