• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Int'l Waters and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Looking for a NIB piston / sleeve for a .61 OS VR-M

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks, But I already got these informations. From OS japan, this engine is now discontinued, I just can hope to find a store who has got one set left.

Another reason I don't want to buy in France :

- French distributors are selling extra parts at more than half of the price of a new engine (you might see it with R&B parts..)

- knowing an engine is selling more than 300€ here, I let you imagine the price a a new set.

- € still more expensive than the $, even if I have to pay VAT and customs fees, it still more interesting for me to pay shipping - customs fees and VAT than buying it here..

Worldwide business??..

Hi there, My .61 OS VR-M is dead, some balls from the rear bearing grown up into the combustion chamber..

I can't find any piston / sleeve for it.

If anyone has got on new in box, let me know your price!

Thanks!

Or perhaps have you got any shop who can sell it and ship it to France..
Is this a side exhaust style motor?

No, it's a rear exhaust engine.

osm-1979-max-61vr-m-abc.jpg

In fact, I already own a .81 engine. I've never seen any .65 size over here, I know its existence without seeing anyone here. All the crancks are the same, just some manufacturings are specials.If the .65 sleeve can fit the .61 cranck, no problem (it can be the case if the .65 sleeve is thicker than the .61 one), but I'm quite sure the hole into the cranck is special for each engine..

The only reason I want to buy a .61 set is that I broke mine, and everything except the sleeve/piston is working great. If I can buy a complet .65 engine for the same price than a .61 S/P.. ok!!

I'm still looking for one set, or igf anyone want to get rid of a cheaper NIB .65 engine :lol:
Here is a nice OS MAX .65 VR-M new in box on ebay Item # 280302185721

I have one of those sitting in a draw. :D :D Send me a pm and we can work something out.

It's the same one as Bigchuck was telling : it's the old version I don't know it can fit the newer one.

Anyone knows if the sleeve and the piston are the same as the newer one?

I found one dealer in france who can bring me spares parts, but the price is... just look : 160€ (205USD!!!) for one sleeve and one piston.

So if anyone has got, bump! :D

Thanks for the searches you all do for me!!

It looks just like the one int hat picture you posted, is that not the same style motor? IMHO the motor I linked you to, should fit your motor. OS never changed to many things at once, so more then likely the P/S will be a drop in fit.

The old engine has not the same carburator, and the cranckcase seems to be different. The newer has got a drum, the older a disk.

BB Mods's, have you got news about Petes Hobbies?

If anyone can help to find one set in the US, it will be a real help, I don't want to buy a 200usd set in France (arg!! :( )

I found a new engine (complete) one in France on ebay, I check it often, but it could end more expensive than a new set in US.

Thanks for the one(s) who can help me.

ahhh.. you have the drum motor, I was under the impression you had the first gen disk rotor motor! Though I do believe the P/S and rod is the same.

Yep :/

Ask again QTM, even if they don't want to ship outside america, I got a friend who can bring it back to me when she come back to France.

Don't want to throw away such an engine, it's not the most powerfull, but SO reliable!! Except the bearings :rolleyes: which damaged the sleeve!

I THINK.............This has been a maor case of " misidentification." The motor in the picture post is a 61. Like the on I have. If you are talking a DRUM intake it is 65 VRM.

The one in the posted picture and the one that I have are DISK intake. They show up on E-bay every so often.

Its funny Chuck, I had this exact thought, but hes been so adamant about it being a 61 I stuck with 61..

The earlier OS 65vrm came as a disc rear valve motor, they later came out with the revised drum valve 65vrm. Unfortunately almost none of the parts are interchangable. The newer version sleeve was thicker and the crankpin (I think) was a little bigger, so the even the crank and rod won't interchange. They changed the case enough that the front plate wouldn't interchange. About the only thing that might interchange would be the wristpin and clips, even changed the design of the head, the old one had the cap and button pressed together, probably the head bolts are on a different diameter from c/l of the piston. Originally came with a 7F carb, then an 8B, when they went to the drum valve, of course, the carb now was a bolt-on 9B. I used to run the old-style OS65 vrm, still got a drawer full of used parts. OS made both a drum version 65vrm and 61vrm. Why? I don't know, maybe because there is some class run somewhere that only allows 10cc? Don't know why Tower brought in both the 61 and the 65 to the US! Rudy

Last edited by a moderator:
Back