Looking for a lost boat!

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

[email protected]

Guys,

Anyone live in the Chicago Il area?? Here's the deal. I sold a rigger (Mike P's .12-.15) size boat. The color is black and orange. Complete w/hardware. Many of you saw it when it was listed for sale many months ago. Unfortunately, I paid the shipping. I put delivery confirmation on it but no insurance. The guy paid through Paypal. I guess the post office lost it. Delivery Confirmation to this day only said it was received at the post office I shipped it from. Since the receiptiant never got the boat he was able to get "my" money back from Paypal. So, now I'm sans boat and cash.

I filed a lost package report and the postal person said that "Sometimes the postmen don't scan the delivery confirmation" so this guy could actually have the boat.

Yeah it's my fault for not insuring it but I never had a problem w/Priority mail before. If anybody knows the reciptiant I just want an honest answer if he really has the boat! His name is Kanok Nikro. Anybody know him or dealt w/him before?

B.D.

I can't help ya out, but I do know that Foolwitools and NitroToys both live in the Windy city. They might be able to keep an eye out for ya on this one..

Guess I need to read the Paypal options. I thought it was up to the buyer to put out insurance $$.. If item is lost, the buyer is the one that lost out, not the seller...

Mark..

OB Nut,

Paypal has some "Fine Print" about how really the seller is "Not" protected. I showed them proof of post office receipt that shows it was shipped to Chicago Il, and the delivery confirmation number. They told me yeah but he didn't receive it and his credit card wants the money back so Paypal, without asking just took the money out of my account. I've argued with them by e-mail and over the phone. They said they'd protest it but it would take 75 days. About 10 days later they said I wouldn't get anything back and to keep looking for it at the post office.

See Yet another reason i dont use pay pal, I know its easy and nice to use when your buying and selling.

but just didnt have a real good feeling about it.

Hey Rodney, Post some pics, and I will be sure to keep a eye out for it.

I dont belong to any clubs or anything in the area, but i go to several hobby stores, and Like Als that has the consighment room, hell whos to say it dont show up there.

NT

if you find a pic put it up on here that way a lot more people can help out.

not that i have lost a boat, but it makes it hard to trust others around your stuff when these things happen.

paul

B.D.

Just did a buy last night and used Paypal.. Yep, you be right.. I searched their 'fine print' and all I can say is 'B.S.' to Paypal.. Man, they are putting the hurt on sellers for offering an easy way to get money to people. Next time I sell, I'm going to do one of two things. First off, put my own 'fine print' on the offer stating "I'm not responsible for LOST MAIL" and/or shipping/handling cost will be upped $2.50 to cover included insurance.

If you showed Paypal your receipts, they should have backed you instead of caving into the buyers C.C. company. I for one won't take C.C. from Paypal.. Why should I pay the C.C. charges just to let a buyer using it.. Not me..

Mark..

OB Nut Racing....... No easy way out.....

I learned a bad lesson. From now on "Insurance" is a must! I've read bad things about Paypal on other boards. Now I know why. They had the nerve to tell me "well your just one member, we have over 38 million so go ahead and leave us if you want!" Is that B.S. or what?

You'd figure with their inflated commissions and fee's they'd really be able to protect me, the "seller" as they so proudly boost.

Latest posts

Back