Looking for a 21 OB pipe, any suggestions?

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Glenn Quarles

Supporting Member
Friends, I am looking for a decent pipe to run on one of my Keep 21 OB motors on a tunnel..,any suggestions on a pipe that I can actually still get? Anyone have a pipe to sell?

Thanks!!

GQ

Glenn, I have heard very good things about the SPP Carbon RS long stinger pipe. And the NR carbon pipe as well.

Yeah I just tried this pipe on my HTB/Nova the other weekend it it was very nice!!

Yep the NR is a great pipe. Very steep power curve with hard hitting power which can be challenging to setup a 21 Tunnel to handle, but they do make a NR scream.

Glenn, I've been running a NR 1/8 car pipe with one of Rody's headers, and really like it. I've run it on the Toro Nero with the Lights conversion we got from you a few years ago. It's made tuning a mod about as easy as a O.S.

Glen,

I did a pipe test a number of years ago and the HTB Silverbullet was about the best overall pipe for "heat racing" on my nova OB. It was also the pipe of choice on my CMB as well.

Mark Hopper offers two (or use too) (original and short).

Grim

Last edited by a moderator:
Ditto on Mikies statement, I had the good fortune to run his Nova too, Also tried the Gadgetcraft, Equi and Garcia.

SB was easy to tune and very constant needle,

Gene

Thanks for all the info guys! It looks like my choice is going to be based on what I can get as much as what works good! I am going to put a WTB add in the for sale section, but if any of you reading this have any of the above mentioned pipes for sale please let me know.

Thanks!

GQ

Nice build Jerry!!!... :) I am sure Glenn will enjoy running that for sure.

Glenn, I got a bunch you can try. Figure out which one you want and we can make a deal. I have a couple of irwins, ssp pipe, hopper. You gonna run that thing before you get back here?

Mike

Glenn, I got a bunch you can try. Figure out which one you want and we can make a deal. I have a couple of irwins, ssp pipe, hopper. You gonna run that thing before you get back here?

Mike
Thanks Mike! Larry Conrad is also sending some pipes for me to test. Actually I am sending my motor to Jerry so he should have it running before I get there!

It was really nice seeing you again!!

GQ

I found a garcia pipe just the other day too. Man that thing is small volume. Use to run that on a KB.

Yeah it was nice to see you guys too. It has been many years and quite a few grey hairs later. LOL

Mike

I found a garcia pipe just the other day too. Man that thing is small volume. Use to run that on a KB.

Yeah it was nice to see you guys too. It has been many years and quite a few grey hairs later. LOL

Mike
Sounds great Mike! I am sending my motor to Jerry today so he can get it running before I can get up there, so he may be asking to borrow the pipes.

Thanks again!!

GQ

Back