Looking for a 21 OB pipe, any suggestions?

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks to Mike Hughes, I tested the new boat today with the NR Keep 21 OB using an Irwin stamped pipe. Boy, that engine has serious power.

Before I received the engine, I ran the boat with an O.S. 21. The boat was really trimmed out nicely with the stock O.S. Without making any trim adjustments, I bolted the NR powerhead on the lower unit. On the first WOT straightaway run, I blew the boat 5 feet in the air. Time to make some serious trim adjustments.

Had to add an additional 8 oz. of lead to the bow and slightly lower and tuck the prop. It took some testing and rowing it get a set up that should work on race day.

Next Sunday, the 23rd, I'll have an opportunity to race Mike's very fast Lynx/MAC 21. If we have decent water conditions, one of us will be applying for the NAMBA A Mod Tunnel 6-Lap, 1 Mile, Competition Record. Two weeks ago Mike had an awesome run going and then leaned out with a 1/4 lap to go.

JD

Last edited by a moderator:
Jerry,

Where is the race site where you guys run? How ofter do you hold races there during the year?

Jerry,

I have never been to a race on the West Coast but would love to come out to one of your big races and run with you guys one day soon.

Latest posts

Back