Little .12's

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kevin Krogness

Going to try a 12 rigger and just wondering what my options are. I think I'm set on Glenns Nova but I do like to be different... So what other brands are out and available??? Thanks Kevin.....

Going to try a 12 rigger and just wondering what my options are. I think I'm set on Glenns Nova but I do like to be different... So what other brands are out and available??? Thanks Kevin.....
Car engines that can be easily converted to marine use: countless numbers.

Marine specific : considerably less than that. Type in .12 engine on ebay for a mind boggling array of whats available.

Last edited by a moderator:
Many if the car .12's will work but they need some work to run as well as the NR marine 12. I've used at ton of them. The best 2 I have used are the Picco JLR Red dot on road and the OS TZ12. I don't think the TZ is available anymore though. Both of those engines will do well if you raise the liner 0.030, machine down the head button that same 0.030, set the head clearance at 0.006-0.008 and run a TZ18 carb or a K&B black carb. THey tend to use turbo plus which are expensive and they eat plugs like tic-tacs. Actually either one of those engines will run will in a boat stock. Just get the head clearance down and and cut down the cooling fins. They like to get hot.

I think the high end NR on onroad engines may work well right from the box. I think they have higher timing than many of the others.

Believe it or not, one of the funnest boats I've owned was a Wildthing12 with a TZ12 in it. I'm working on another on right now actually.. going to try a RB engine in this one..

Kevin,

Save your money and just buy a Topp 12 from Glenn.

End Of Story,

Mark Sholund

id go with the Nova however "go" engines are good bang for buck.. a quality cheeper oprion. wont go as hard as a rossi tho.

id go with the Nova however "go" engines are good bang for buck.. a quality cheeper oprion. wont go as hard as a rossi tho

. TZM carb and a salisbury carbon fiber pipe.
I hope you don't mean the Orion Rev CRF .12! My little Orion will turn almost 40k rpm in stock form,with an OS.18

Best

Nova .12 flash or 353, both have the larger crank...

cheers Luca
You can also run the Traxxas 3.3=.20 and you can find them new on ebay for 120.00 and less..Rod Garghtey sudjested that to my hubby..He done then up with great results..by the way whats the NOVA .12's going for?? I know my Rossi.12 corba wasnt cheap.

Go with the NOVA From Glenn and dont buy from Fleabay either LOL.

julian
Julian,theres nothing wrong buying a new motor off of ebay.. these alot of republe dealers on there that stands behind there stuff...To also let you know you can find new O.S .18 TZ on ebay..any place else are hard to find them..175.00 for a NOVA motor isnt bad at all.. alot less then my.12 Rossi..

Always been afraid to buy on ebay myself, plus you get so many results when looking!!!!!
just have to look at the feedback%.. I dont buy off of anyone under 98% feedbacks,plus I look into there neg feedback too see why they got them for..Glen I may look you up for my backup engine..You know what was done to my Rossi since you did my head want the same specks to that motor..

My $40 aircooled NovaRossi has won many races.... so has my $165 .12 ...... pretty much i change things back and forth between them.... i actually gotta look at them to figure out which i am running.... always use air cooled head

other than a buggy air cooled all you got is a nova 12 other than that dont know what else to say different can be in the hull for the price glens nova cant be beat man go with the nova or get a trinity picco air cooled for 125 but still go nova!

Latest posts

Back