List of manufacturers who make the Bud T4 hull?

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MyStar

Hi all,

I fell in love with the 1/8 scale Bud T4 hull! The only manufacture I know of is Hydro & Marine, but they are located in Germany. Does anyone have any comments about the quality of Hydro & Marine glass work and running the T4? Are there any other manufacturers who make the Bud T4 hull?

Don

Last edited by a moderator:
i think steve @ rcboatcompany.com is in the middle of finishing his mold for that boat.give him a call.

Hi all,

I fell in love with the 1/8 scale Bud T4 hull! The only manufacture I know of is Hydro & Marine, but they are located in Germany. Does anyone have any comments about the quality of Hydro & Marine glass work and running the T4? Are there any other manufacturers who make the Bud T4 hull?

Don

Douglas P Shepherd (DPS) makes a great T-4.

Zach

med_gallery_128_751_22079.jpg

Mine is a thunderboat reproductions hull....Never got it wet yet....next year now...

Thanks for your responses guys!

Rob, you have a beautiful T-4!

I talked with Chris (owner) yesterday at Fine Designs who is the distributer in the US for Hydro & Marine out of Germany. He asures me the fiberglass work is top notch and is vacuum bagged. They will be getting a shipment in 3 1/2 weeks. I'm just not sure about the gel coat finish as I may want to paint the hull and was told by a friend of mine I would have problems getting the paint to stick to the gel coat. Any comments? :)

Don

Don;

I don't know much about the Hydro & Marine hull.

First I would make sure it is "to scale specs" IE: correct length, width, pickle fork depth, after plane, is the hull of the correct design to build what your after?

As far as painting a gel coated boat, follow the advice offered in your other thread, the onlt thing I would do differently is sand the gel to 320 grit then spray your primer, 320 gives your primer a better bite to the gel

Hi Rick,

Thanks for your tip about sanding the gel coat!

As to what I'm after. A quality built fiberglass boat, a proven hull (if there is such a thing) that runs good without having to make major modifications to get it running right. I'm not that big into exact scale specs. If the manufacturer had to make a few changes to the hull outside of scale specs to get the boat to run right, I'm in favor of that.

Don

So, does this mean you're just looking for a boat to fun run and not race? Some clubs won't let a boat that's not within spec race. Just a friendly cautionalry note.

Hydro Junkie,

Yes, this boat will be just for fun. I don't even know of any boat clubs in my area.

I didn't know some clubs won't let a boat race that's not within spec. Thanks for the info!

Don

Hydro Junkie,

Yes, this boat will be just for fun. I don't even know of any boat clubs in my area.

I didn't know some clubs won't let a boat race that's not within spec. Thanks for the info!

Don
Depends on the club, more than anything. To run in scale class, it has to fall within the specs of a master hull roster for the hull you plan on racing. If you want to run in Sport 60, certain styles of hulls are not legal as well. What area do you live in? We might be able to point you toward a club to help get you started.

Hi Hydro Junkie,

Out of curiosity, where can I view this master hull roster? There must be rule book also.

I live in Ocala, Florida. I think there's a club in Orlando, which is about 2 hours from me. Please understand, my life changed a year ago when my mother fell and severely broke her hip and wrist, and now I have to take care of her so I can't be away for too long as she needs my help.

Even though I'm relatively new to R/C boats, I've flown R/C airplanes, helicopters, and been into R/C cars also.

Don

Don;

Here is some info for you, being in Ocala, Fl. you fall into the sanctioning body of NAMBA Here is a link to the NAMBA page http://www.namba.com/content/default.asp

The rule book can be down loaded from here under recourses

the master hull roster can be downloaded from the scale link

Ocala is in District 3 of NAMBA Here is the link http://www.namba3.net/

Being in Ocala, you could also be close enough to race in IMPBA http://www.impba.net/

There are a few clubs close enough to go that way also, look under districts & clubs for more info

Both IMPBA and NAMBA do have specific rules pertaining to the scale class

Hope some of this will help you out

Rick

go to www.finedesignrc.com they carry the t-4 scale from hydro & marine. you can order the hull from them in either red or white.i had the sport 40 version in red.i didnt need to paint it.

Hi Rick,

Sorry for not responding sooner. I had a serious personal matter that took all my attention.

Thanks for the info!

Don

Thanks for your responses guys!

Rob, you have a beautiful T-4!

I talked with Chris (owner) yesterday at Fine Designs who is the distributer in the US for Hydro & Marine out of Germany. He asures me the fiberglass work is top notch and is vacuum bagged. They will be getting a shipment in 3 1/2 weeks. I'm just not sure about the gel coat finish as I may want to paint the hull and was told by a friend of mine I would have problems getting the paint to stick to the gel coat. Any comments? :)

Don
Don

I have two Hydro & Marine hulls, 26' Skater F1 and a 32' Classic II hydro, there both very good gelcoat finish,

no cracks, airholes or irregularity, just ready to paint.

Regards

Marc

Back