Lightning 12

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
NIce rigger SIR.....it will run with the jae's i beleive.I saw zachs (crazycat.......)run last summer and it worked well and turned great.

Most of these boats are so close it comes down to driving.... ;)

Tony

The boat weighs 43 oz complete no fuel = 2 lbs 11 oz. The needle valve assembly threads right in where the fuel nipple is on the stock carb. You unscrew the fuel nipple and thread in the needle valve. The spray bar is unchanged. About the spray bar though; Glenn Quarles does a carb mod where he removes 1/2 of the spray bar and the low speed needle. It opens it up a bit.

Giuseppe

The pipe mount was ordered from Speedmaster when Bill McGraw ran it. I think the products are still available from Harry or Ross in Florida (407) 889-2283.

http://www.rossisales.com/otherprodnew.html

I'm not sure of the part number but it looks like this. If I remember right it was called mini pipe mount. Mine had shorter legs when I got it, but I cut off one leg and filed it smooth. Then bolted to my plywood mount plate.

Glenn
Hi Glenn,

thank you very much for all informations and for the photos, i have understand very well. Congratulations again for you very nice rigger.

Regards

Giuseppe - Italy

Here's a video of the Lightning

<object width="660" height="405"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w46IQEnIRMw?fs=1&hl=en_US&rel=0&border=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w46IQEnIRMw?fs=1&hl=en_US&rel=0&border=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="660" height="405"></embed></object>

It's running pretty well - I still need to get it on the radar gun.

Glenn

NIce rigger SIR.....it will run with the jae's i beleive.I saw zachs (crazycat.......)run last summer and it worked well and turned great.

I have saw the LIGHTNING run with JAE's and a FIREFIGHTER in our club. As far as I'm concerned the JAE is a good boat, but very OVERRATED. The LIGHTNIG, and FIREFIGHTER are every bit the boat of a JAE. With a much better look, in my IMHO! I Would put my $ on a LIGHTNING, quality built and a strong solid hull!

Don't you buy no UGLY boat!!! :lol: :p :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
Runs and handles very well, Sounds like a Topp Motor singing a beautiful song!

Do to "lights" being so busy making conversion kits for the Nova Rossi OB motors ( and other projects in this hobby ), we will only be building 6 lightning .12 for sale over the winter. I am Mark's ( lights ) brother, I was involed in the R&D process of this boat design and helped build them before ( no need to be alarmed ). We have one already sold, the kits will be done by January 15th or sooner if needed. The kits are as follows.

Boat is 90% done and includes a cowl, boom tubes, and motor mount ( no hardware ).

Price is $200.00 including shipping in the us. ( out of us, buyer pays the difference ).

(price reflects wood, laser cutting, boom tubes, epoxy, fiberglass, foam, motor mounts, misc. supplies, shipping and building time).

Any questions contact Mark Leyde or myself. Thanks for all the nice complements :D

I have saw the LIGHTNING run with JAE's and a FIREFIGHTER in our club. As far as I'm concerned the JAE is a good boat, but very OVERRATED. The LIGHTNIG, and FIREFIGHTER are every bit the boat of a JAE. With a much better look, in my IMHO! I Would put my $ on a LIGHTNING, quality built and a strong solid hull!

Who crowned you the "rater" of Hydros? Taking shots at other boats?,wake up. Bring your stuff to Chicago for a spin..

Who crowned you the "rater" of Hydros? Taking shots at other boats?,wake up. Bring your stuff to Chicago for a spin..
You tellum Ron!!!

Oh ya nice build looks very nice

Just having fun... ( was mimicking the old Chevy - ford commercials ), no need to get wound up. Not going to chicago, but you are always welcome to come to MN.

You tellum Ron!!!

Oh ya nice build looks very nice

Thank you, Mike.

[ Who crowned you the "rater" of Hydros? Taking shots at other boats?,wake up. Bring your stuff to Chicago for a spin..
No need for use to go to Chi town to race A hydro's. We got more than enough right here in MN. Plus we have a A hydro traveling trophy. Come on up and have a run at it.

Now my Chevy eats fords and XXXXXX Doges. :rolleyes:

Dam it know I need to make another one for myself for the 2011 racing season.

edited by tom moorehouse..... no swearing!

[ Who crowned you the "rater" of Hydros? Taking shots at other boats?,wake up. Bring your stuff to Chicago for a spin..
No need for use to go to Chi town to race A hydro's. We got more than enough right here in MN. Plus we have a A hydro traveling trophy. Come on up and have a run at it.

Now my Chevy eats fords and XXXXXX Doges. :rolleyes:

If Ron ever came to Minn to race with us it would be Lights out. LOL Bill Wachtler

Now my Chevy eats fords and xxxxxxx Doges. :rolleyes:

If Ron ever came to Minn to race with us it would be Lights out. LOL Bill Wachtler
Sounds like we need to get Ron racing a lightning 12!

I like to design my own boats. It's fun and I learn a lot. Next year (if I can get away from the family long enough) I will be running someone elses design for the first time in many years.

JAE guys... thanks for designing a great boat, getting people racing more hydros and actually building boats.

Latest posts

Back