Life Source Batteries

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Piston1

Are there any issues or problems with running dual recievers powered by a single Life Source battery pack.

Are there any issues or problems with running dual recievers powered by a single Life Source battery pack.
Hey Hose-A :D

Hope life's treatin' ya well these days my friend. :)

A single pack .... well that kinda defeats the idea behind dual RX's if you lose power from the one source. Two batteries, two switches and two RX's have alsways been the way in my opinion when using dual RX's. B)

A single pack .... well that kinda defeats the idea behind dual RX's if you lose power from the one source. Two batteries, two switches and two RX's have alsways been the way in my opinion when using dual RX's. B)
I understand, I am just asking. Life is good with a lot of work. Hope you and your family are good.

Make it a loop. Battery - switch - steering receiver - jumper ch 3(steering receiver) to ch 3 or(throttle receiver)- throttle receiver - 2nd switch - second battery.

1jcq0.jpg

I dont know about runnig dual RX'S But dont use 6.6Volt LiFe's with Hitech servos.
I havent heard of anyone having problems with the LiFe packs Jeremy. Tell us what you know.

Last edited by a moderator:
I dont know about runnig dual RX'S But dont use 6.6Volt LiFe's with Hitech servos.
hitech servo's are rated for 7.4v now, so the LiFE 6.6 would be fine. Back in the "old" days with AA dry cells over 6v was pretty common also. SOME servos are NOT rated for 6V (Futaba and others) so those need to be avoided.

No problems hence the multiple plugs!

Grim

I havent heard of anyone having problems with the LiFe packs Jeremy. Tell us what you know.

Well I run Hitech HS-85MG'S for throttle and 3rd channel.I have no problem with my 6v Nickel packs.

But when I used the 6.6v the servos heated up and just died.The same thing happen with my 81's but they are junk anyways.

hitech servo's are rated for 7.4v now, so the LiFE 6.6 would be fine. Back in the "old" days with AA dry cells over 6v was pretty common also. SOME servos are NOT rated for 6V (Futaba and others) so those need to be avoided.
Yes Some are rated 7.4v but even some that are rated at 6volts cant withold the extra .6 volts.Hitech not futaba.

I know it sounds werid.

So stupid question time.... The whole purpose of dual recievers is to just save some volts between the recievers???

A single pack .... well that kinda defeats the idea behind dual RX's if you lose power from the one source. Two batteries, two switches and two RX's have always been the way in my opinion when using dual RX's. B)
So stupid question time.... The whole purpose of dual recievers is to just save some volts between the recievers???
It's a safety thing many of us do in the twins. One RX/batt/switch covers steering and the other set covers throttles with the idea that if one fails you can still either steer it until it runs out of fuel or hopefully shut down before hitting anything if you lose the steering side. It's playing the percentages, the chances of losing both are far less than losing one RX. With the that much mass and speed in a twin a runaway is not a pretty picture. :eek:

It's a safety thing many of us do in the twins. One RX/batt/switch covers steering and the other set covers throttles with the idea that if one fails you can still either steer it until it runs out of fuel or hopefully shut down before hitting anything if you lose the steering side. It's playing the percentages, the chances of losing both are far less than losing one RX. With the that much mass and speed in a twin a runaway is not a pretty picture. :eek:
Awhhhh I see!!!!

Back