LF Cowl pictures for Miss Houston, red white blue

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mike Bontoft

I am at the point where I need to punch holes in my cowl. It is a gas sports hydro so I'd like to get as much heat out of her as possible. I am particularly interested in the round hole layout (5 or 6) on the top side at the rear of the cowl.

Thanks

Here is my gas scale i have it painted as close to the pictures you can find of the boat.

There are 8 vent holes on the back of the cowl and two holes that had gas bottles sitting under them.

I cut out the cockpit behind the driver for air inlet and with the header cutouts and vents it seems to stay cool enough.

http://gallery.intlw...bum=1135&pos=15

My glass cowl has those holes marked

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks Phil for the quick reply. Now I have something to aim for, you build a beautiful boat.

Next, where can I get headers and a driver?

Thanks

Mike

Hey guys - just use [email protected] & I'll get back to you! Just please remember that my seamstress Kim Smith (that does the uniforms for my drivers) and I both do this stuff in our "spare" time as a hobby. I'm not trying to make excuses - just a reality check. I still work full-time at a Ford dealer, got twins that are Seniors in high school and am always working on making plugs & molds for new accessories. I just poured 6 molds this evening & will probably pour 4 more next week after we get back from a soccer tournament in Beaverton, Or. Kim makes everything from baby clothes to wedding dresses and also works full-time. Like I said - no excuses but a lot of people want a piece of our time. We enjoy working with the folks on IW and the model boater community. Needless to say, exposure on here has increased demand & we are trying to make it all work!

Thanks - Larry

ps: I am always open to any questions or comments & I can take a punch - so don't be bashful!! :D

Larry;

Some seem to forget,,

This IS just a hobby and it IS very hard if not impossible to make a living doing this stuff. Not that I've tried.

But I for one am very glad there are folks like you that make parts for our toys.

Thanks for what you do

Latest posts

Back