Lets see your Tunnel Boats

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have a line on a SPP pipe and set up for a 53-54 mph heat racer... So I figure if I twist and pull on the prop some I could get 57-58.......

Jerry

What prop you turning with that thing !!!

Butch

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey Butchie, I have had good luck with the 1440's with a diameter of 37.5 to 38mm and 3.3"cup to 3.4".

I have run well with a reduced and rounded tip's X640 Too.

Ron Byrd I will post a picture of the front of my Pro Glass tunnel. I know you've seen plenty of the back end!! Next year is right around the corner and the points race starts all over. We'll see what you got!

Don

Hey, nice to see Jerry's boats thanks to Gene! Jerry those are some nice looking Tunnels ya got there!

Russell thanks for posting looks good!

Don, has Tony Atwell rubbed off on you?

I see its true what they say: Memory is the first thing to go :D How soon you forget that in the SC Tunnel Champs Enduro that you were behind me :eek:

Cant wait for the Palm Bay Race which BTW has been moved to our pond here in Orlando. Bring it or stay on the porch :p

See ya then.........

Ron

Last edited:
Hey Ron,

Planning on bringing my backup boats to Palm Bay race. I figure they should be good enough. Was that you in SC? I could have sworn it was Donnie Duschene!! Pretty sad that I could stay on the porch the rest of the year and still not lose my place in high points. Oh yeah, looks like I'll be able to attend next Winternats, you better be ready. :lol:

Here's my current fleet.

24" Dumas Hot Shot Sprint wood skeleton frame with foam fill in.

sprint.jpg

29" WOF

29wof.jpg

47" WOF Solution

solution.jpg

Still work in progress: 2 34" WOFs with the cowl plug inbetween them

twin34.jpg

Hey Don, the back up boat will be in the back of the pack so if thats good enuff for ya then thats ok with me :D

Nice fleet there Mark! Thanks for posting........

Ron

Hey Don, the back up boat will be in the back of the pack so if thats good enuff for ya then thats ok with me :D

Nice fleet there Mark! Thanks for posting........

Hey I was wondering what the results of that race was in 40 tunnel I heard a guy came over only for Sunday and ran 2 heats ,came in 4th overall ,who was that?????

This is my first boat. May I say it has been alot of fun. I just hooked up with a crew here in Memphis, Tn and they have been a big help.

Thanks for having this forum.

Madd Mikey

Tunnelrr_b.jpg

Tunnelr_b2.jpg

[Hey Don, the back up boat will be in the back of the pack so if thats good enuff for ya then thats ok with me :D

Hey I was wondering what the results of that race was in 40 tunnel I heard a guy came over only for Sunday and ran 2 heats ,came in 4th overall ,who was that?????

The backups backed me up. I'll let Ron tell the rest of the story.

LoL.... I think both of you guys were sucking hind tit at the endurance Tunnel Champs race in SC, with my little lynx/OS/9 gallon fuel cell.

Big Block what? :D

~James

Hey Steve and Don even old dogs get lucky sometimes :blink: ! Once I get the setup dialed in on this thing you'll be as Gabe said sucking hind tit!

As for Gabe and the SCTC's that 9 gallon fuel cell was the only thing working in his favor, I had yall covered for the win but needed a few more oz's of fuel to make it stick. Wont happen again :p !

Thanks to all those showing pics of their tunnels bunch of great looking boats!

You notice Don and Steve haven't posted pics their's, wonder why ;) ???

Ron

Last edited:
here ya go!! '

Steves Boat :p

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/rmhalliday/d...acd.jpg&.src=ph

Dons Boats

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/rmhalliday/d...90e.jpg&.src=ph

My Boat (concours winner might I add..)

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/rmhalliday/d...bc7.jpg&.src=ph

My nine gallon Endurance winning fuel cell

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/rmhalliday/d...eb8.jpg&.src=ph

This was ugly... not much of "concours boat" after this one..... I faired really well compaired to Mr Talleys boat though..

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/rmhalliday/d...371.jpg&.src=ph

see the rest of the tunnels on this page...

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/rmhalliday/a...liday/my_photos

Gabe,

You got additional fuel cell from who? Care to dole out an assist for the win? If you put 3 to 4 oz less fuel in it you would have smoked them even worse. Just payback for my DB assist.

John

haha.. youre right. THANKS TO JOHN KNIGHT FOR THE SULLIVAN TANK LOANER. The boat wouldve looked funny with a modified beer bottle/fuel cell from the night before.

~James ... I just realize how much I vary between which name I put, sorry. ~ Gabe :D

haha.. youre right. THANKS TO JOHN KNIGHT FOR THE SULLIVAN TANK LOANER. The boat wouldve looked funny with a modified beer bottle/fuel cell from the night before.

~James ... I just realize how much I vary between which name I put, sorry. ~ Gabe :D

Looked funny? Naw just given it some more character!

Hey Gabe,

Nice job posting the links. I like your choice of pics for Steve's boat...noticed you were a bit more kind to me! Ron is determined to beat our as#$* next year (or even this year), so we'll have to have our game face on every race as he comes to win. I'm sure we'll all be back up at CMB tunnel championship next year to resume the battle. In the mean time...let the trash talk fly!

Don Riek

Brandon Model Boaters

NAMBA District 3

Asst. District Director

Hey Gabe,

Nice job posting the links. I like your choice of pics for Steve's boat...noticed you were a bit more kind to me! Ron is determined to beat our as#$* next year (or even this year), so we'll have to have our game face on every race as he comes to win. I'm sure we'll all be back up at CMB tunnel championship next year to resume the battle. In the mean time...let the trash talk fly!

Don Riek

Brandon Model Boaters

NAMBA District 3

Asst. District Director

Don,

I sure hope so! Even though I pulled CD duty the majority of the race, I think I had the most fun of anyone. I only hope that the next one in Oct will be better and draw over 100 tunnel boats. Work on the guys down your way this year to get them to come. It will be the Columbus holiday weekend and sponsorships will be needed as well.

John

Back