Lets see your Tunnel Boats

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
R

RaceCraftBearings

Hornet with custom Cowl and a K&B 7.5 over a Lawless.

2 races into it and with a few bugs the first time out I finished 4th and the last time out finished 1st.

I'm lovin it!

Last edited:
KEWL Ron!!!!

Like the cowl change bigtime :D ;)

My latest is on the "Rinker Anyone" post, Or my gallery,

Gener B)

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks like someone has built a new cowling for my old Hornet hull.

It should run good. When the Hornet is set up right, it is hard to beat.

You need to read the instructions though...it is made for the K&B lower unit.

The lawless lower unit is a great lower unit but, you will give up a lot of performance if you keep the Lawless lower unit on it.

-Carl,

Hey Gene, I see you got a TS 2 as well. I won one in the raffle at the SC Tunnel Champs last month and gave it to my 12 year old nephew on his B-Day. He couldn't wait to go to the lake with me and when he did he loved every minute of it (so did I :D ) I was doin some setup on it this past weekend and hit a fish which broke the motor mount :( ! I am glad he wasnt there to see me wreck his boat LOL. I had just got it setup to where I was pleased with it and WHAP he jumped right in front of the boat within inches of the sponson tips. The motor was hanging by the throttle cable TG! Oh well nutin I cant fix........ Good Luck with yours I am sure you'll have a blast!

Carl, the cowl has a Rinker look to it. I also have the original cowl in Orange but until the Gators get better we will just go with Side Show Bob LOL!

If this thing will run better with a K&B lower the 40 Tunnel record will fall LOL. It's really hooked up and running great the way it is but if there is more to be had I will go for it :blink:

Later.........Ron

Last edited:
The Hornet was designed around the K&B lower unit and was never changed over to the Lawless. The Lawless will deliver more power to the prop without twisting your drive cable into a pigs tail like the K&B is known for doing when you put some serious ponies on it.

I am doing some testing on the new WarHead tunnel and it will be designed around the Lawless lowerunit just for that reason. I want to have perfect trim as well as get all the ponies to to the prop without any drive cable failures!

Thanks Ron ;)

Yea that aquatic wildlife need's to "Yeild Right Of Way" :lol: :lol: :lol:

Sounds like your Hornet is getting dialed in :D

Best of luck to ya,

Gener B)

Hey, I'm still too stupid 'bout puttin' pics on here, but one of my tunnels,,the one that I've been running

is "TunnelBill's" Lynx with the DeWalt paint job that he never got to run. Did'ja get all that Ron? :blink:

It's gotta Thunder Tiger on the back,,and from what I hear, nobody wants to see one of them anyway :p

Nah, I need a reader for my wierd sized camera card to make things less complicated,,,

So say's my comp-u-guy,,he was supposed to get me one 'bout 4 months ago but I

think he has been partially reclined since then.

:lol: Jeeeez Jer send it to me, I'll put it up, Can size it to if ya like, Bout 640X480 is close,

My Digi has a card or a USB cable that plugs straight in,

Gener B)

Hey Jer just stick to running boats and leave the tech stuff to Gene or I LOL send the pic to one of us so you can get it posted. :D

Last edited:
Nice looking Joe ;)

Posting a couple for my Buddy Jer, I'll let him do tha text,

Gener B)

Hang on Im sizing.....

Jerry, Did the Avitar for ya too ;)

Was gonna post your Mugg Shot......But didnt wanna scare anybody :lol: :p

Gener B)

Ron Byrd I will post a picture of the front of my Pro Glass tunnel. I know you've seen plenty of the back end!! Next year is right around the corner and the points race starts all over. We'll see what you got!

Don

Hey Thanks Slidey!!! You could have put my picture in,, after all it's Halloween! hehehe

Not bad for 54, eh?

How do I get the color better on the Lynx?, it's alot brighter,deeper yellow than that,,,

friggin' contraptions!

Your welcome Jer ;)

The trick with color for me is the light, Try some different sources.

Yea not to shabby fer 54 Bro :D

Gener B)

:lol: Hey Butchie,

Really I thought the TT setup looked real good ;) I always liked that CF pipe too,

Had to shorten tha Sheet outta the stinger to get mine to hit,

Gener B)

Ol' Punkin' Head,, Gawd, I wish I could get a avatar in there, there musta be Ton's of'em right now :lol:

Latest posts

Back