Lets see your Tunnel Boats

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Don,

I sure hope so! Even though I pulled CD duty the majority of the race, I think I had the most fun of anyone. I only hope that the next one in Oct will be better and draw over 100 tunnel boats. Work on the guys down your way this year to get them to come. It will be the Columbus holiday weekend and sponsorships will be needed as well.

John

John,

I sure will encourage everyone down here to plan on participating next year (although you got the best of us this year!) We might even make some D-13 events, who knows? It's always fun whooping up on the Atwells!

Don Riek

Brandon Model Boaters

NAMBA District 3

Asst. District Director

Here is a picture Mark Johnston's B Mod tunnel from the Land Down Under. He said in his notes that they are getting ready to do some time trials this January. I am not sure what lake they will be running it on but we are all ready to hear about it.

ERICLYNX55.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Here is a picture Mark Johnston's A-Modified Tunnel (B Mod tunnel in IMPBA) that he sent in from the west coast. He said in his notes that they are getting ready to do some time trials this January. I am not sure what lake they will be running on but I am sure it will be thru NAMBA.

View attachment 4722
Carl,

That's a great looking tunnel. I'm slowly restoring Mike Talley's tunnel that was T-boned at Charleston. Will be interesting to see how it handles after the repair. I hear you're staying pretty busy these days.

Don Riek

Brandon Model Boaters

Namba District 3

Asst. District Director

Here is a picture Mark Johnston's A-Modified Tunnel (B Mod tunnel in IMPBA) that he sent in from the west coast. He said in his notes that they are getting ready to do some time trials this January. I am not sure what lake they will be running on but I am sure it will be thru NAMBA.

View attachment 4722
Carl,

That's a great looking tunnel. I'm slowly restoring Mike Talley's tunnel that was T-boned at Charleston. Will be interesting to see how it handles after the repair. I hear you're staying pretty busy these days.

Don Riek

Brandon Model Boaters

Namba District 3

Asst. District Director
Don,

That boat was a little on the light side so repairing it sould be no problem at all.

I hope you enjoy it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Don,

That boat was a little on the light side so repairing it sould be no problem at all.

I hope you enjoy it.

I'm looking forward to getting it on the water. I need to find a little more to keep up with Otto. It's a tough gang down here. Makes for good competition. Later, Don

Don,

I hope you enjoy it.
I'm looking forward to getting it on the water. I need to find a little more to keep up with Otto. It's a tough gang down here. Makes for good competition. Later, Don

Hey don you don't need any more to keep up with Otto that HTB of your was a f--king rocket till you ran over Aimecks boat. I tell ya what I think needs to happen down there is ALL of you need to go back to the Herb Stewart school of driving. :lol:

Hey don you don't need any more to keep up with Otto that HTB of your was a f--king rocket till you ran over Aimecks boat. I tell ya what I think needs to happen down there is ALL of you need to go back to the Herb Stewart school of driving. :lol:

I will try again at the Winternats since I'll be able to make it this year. If I had been able to finish another 1 1/4 laps at Charleston it would have been a different story! 7 1/2 laps...DNF; 7 1/2 laps...DNF; 7 3/4 laps...DNF. Do I detect a pattern here? I was leading each time! I'm saving the Novarossi til then.

I will try again at the Winternats since I'll be able to make it this year. If I had been able to finish another 1 1/4 laps at Charleston it would have been a different story! 7 1/2 laps...DNF; 7 1/2 laps...DNF; 7 3/4 laps...DNF. Do I detect a pattern here? I was leading each time! I'm saving the Novarossi til then.

My Villian

My Villian
I can't believe this topic is still going. Nice tunnel mikey. Anyone else?
Thanks Don,whats the deal 7 1/2 laps? <short course....Mike

Mike,

We ran 8 laps heats at Charleston. 1st heat I had the lead and hit a hole in the water after 7 1/2. 2nd heat I ran into Allen Ammick's boat while 2nd to Randy Premo. 3rd heat I won. 4th heat I tripped up coming around the last turn while leading. 5th heat was same as 1st. I made out better with the fast lap competition.

Don

My Villian
I can't believe this topic is still going. Nice tunnel mikey. Anyone else?
Thanks Don,whats the deal 7 1/2 laps? <short course....Mike
Mike,

We ran 8 laps heats at Charleston. 1st heat I had the lead and hit a hole in the water after 7 1/2. 2nd heat I ran into Allen Ammick's boat while 2nd to Randy Premo. 3rd heat I won. 4th heat I tripped up coming around the last turn while leading. 5th heat was same as 1st. I made out better with the fast lap competition.

Don

That 4th heat might have had something to do with me pushing you around that last turn for the lead. I started that race a lap behind might I add :p . I know, when you see something that fast it's hard not to look. Now you see why it's important to keep your eyes on YOUR boat.lol. Speaking of whooping up on the Atwells, my dad says the Winternats are just a couple of monthes away...

~Mitch Jr. ;)

That 4th heat might have had something to do with me pushing you around that last turn for the lead. I started that race a lap behind might I add :p . I know, when you see something that fast it's hard not to look. Now you see why it's important to keep your eyes on YOUR boat.lol. Speaking of whooping up on the Atwells, my dad says the Winternats are just a couple of monthes away...

~Mitch Jr. ;)

Were you behind me? I hadn't noticed! seriusly, you drove a good race and deserved to win that heat. I do believe I would have been fine if I had kept my outside line, guess we'll never know. I WILL be at the Winternats this year, so stock up on your bondo and aluminum tape.

Don Riek

Brandon Model Boaters

NAMBA District 3

Asst. Director

Latest posts

Back