Legge Lake, La SAW - Sat.

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

forresterace

Here are a few highlights of Saturday results - more later

JAGS, Joerg ran the T hydro record up to 124+ mph with the slow motor. The boat was on rails and rock steady. 130+ should be NO problem

The weather and water has been perfect, sunny, cool, and very little wind

Dick Crowe crashed and sank the Q hydro after a 107mph pass. Hopefully they will get it back.

Tim Higden recovered his batteries and ESC from yesterday.

Tim says the the P record will be over 100mph

JAGS will have the O hydro record in the upper 80's before all is said and done.

Tim crashed the Q hydro at over 100mph and the boat is gone!

Jay Turner set P and Q offshore records at 74 and 73 mph respectively

Paul Pachmeyer set LSH at 53 mph

Jim Vaughn set the S sport record at 66.02 mph

Big News - the "Outdoors Channel" is taping the whole event for the "Inside RC" show and interviewing all the record setting drivers etc. Dick Crowe even did a small tech piece for them explaining the various aspects of the boats.

s sport hydro - Jim Vaughn - 66.02

I think that S Sport is a Super Sport 45 Stealth, Jim had one running faster than that i think, but he wrecked it a month before the trials and built a new one. Is there any info about boat types?

PHIL

Phil, Jim repaired the old hull and ran it, with an average speed of 66 mph and a provisional record for the class. He had one pass over 70 but didn't back it up, then he had to leave early. I'm sure he'll give you all the details...

OK thanks, I was wondering just how he was going to get a new boat done so fast.

Those Supersport45 are pretty tough to total out, not to hard to fix most damage.

Glad to see him do what he set out to do. Whats the competition look like for that class is there much intrest in it?

PHIL

There were three serious racers attempting to take the S Sport record this year, and there was a lot of interest in Jim's SS45 hull. As far as interest in oval racing the class I can't say.

Hey Guys,

Well, I wanted to cry when I saw the boat hit the shore. :( Phil, that's the boat I built last summer. The front of the sponsons caved in on impact. It sure looked sweet on the 70mph pass. Chris Fine ran 70 also with a twin wing Bud but wasn't able to back it up. It looks like I'll be in the hunt for the S-Sport record next year, just not enough time this year.

Paul.

Phil, Your SS45 is one great Sport Hydro! I didn't have the time to build the new hull, so I patched up the broken one and shipped it to LA. The deck of the hull was still fairly well undamaged, and the gorgeous copper metallic ghost flamed paint that Paul P had done on it was super nice. With the right set-up the boat just flies! In an attempt to back-up my 70+ pass I pushed my luck a little too far, and ran the big beautiful hydro into the bank at over 70 mph. After being dug out of the dirt bank, the drivetrain was completely destroyed by the impact, but that hull would still float! Thanks for building one very tough hull. I'll race the second one next year, and see if I can't keep Paul from taking the record :)

Hi Jim,

I'll race the second one next year, and see if I can't keep Paul from taking the record
Buddy, I love ya like a brother but that record is MINE! :lol: (don't ya just love bench racing, lol)

Good job Jim, you deserve that record after working so hard on the boat.

Paul.

Good job Jim, you deserve that record after working so hard on the boat
Jim just think of all the time you would of saved if the boat when you got it was setup right.. man who built that thing anyway.. LOL

Congrat Jim you da man

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey Kelly,

Jim just think of all the time you would of saved if the boat when you got it was setup right.. man who built that thing anyway.. LOL
HMMMM, seems to me that the first and only time that boat raced before Jim got it was in Ohio last year. Oh, I remember now. It took 1st place in 3 rounds, your right, the set up was bad. lol :p

Paul.

jevmax said:
Phil,  Your SS45 is one great Sport Hydro!  I didn't have the time to build the new hull, so I patched up the broken one and shipped it to LA.  The deck of the hull was still fairly well undamaged, and the gorgeous copper metallic ghost flamed paint that Paul P had done on it was super nice.  With the right set-up the boat just flies!  In an attempt to back-up my 70+ pass I pushed my luck a little too far, and ran the big beautiful hydro into the bank at over 70 mph.  After being dug out of the dirt bank, the drivetrain was completely destroyed by the impact, but that hull would still float!  Thanks for building one very tough hull.  I'll race the second one next year, and see if I can't keep Paul from taking the record :)
73276[/snapback]

You say you crashed it agian in LA?

HMMMM, seems to me that the first and only time that boat raced before Jim got it was in Ohio last year. Oh, I remember now. It took 1st place in 3 rounds, your right, the set up was bad. lol tongue.gif
LOL ya ya ya but, there where only 3 boats entered.. LOL

Phil,

Yes sir, I crashed it again. Hit the bank on the last pass of the weekend for me. Trying to back-up a 70.14mph pass. The boat pulled to the right and crashed at full speed into the dirt bank at an even higher speed. Unfortunately, she passed just 6" BEHIND the timing light on the shore, and so I didn't record a speed. The boat will make a nice looking "wall hanger" now. I'll run that new hull you sent me next year, unless the rules are interpreted to allow rigger type hulls in the Sport Scale class.

Thanks again for the help and set-up advice. It worked!

You say you crashed it agian in LA?

73509[/snapback]

Back