LA SAW Records This Weekend

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jayt

So far two FE SAW records have fallen on the first day of the event:

Q Hydro (18 cells) - 111 mph by Tim Higdon - eclipsing old record by 6 mph

P Sport Hydro (12 cells) - 76.55 mph by Brian Buass - besting old record by 8 mph

More to come.

Last edited by a moderator:
Cool! Thanks for the update....

Steve

So far two FE SAW records have fallen on the first day of the event:

Q Hydro - 111 mph by Tim Higdon - eclipsing old record by 6 mph

P Sport Hydro - 76.55 mph by Brian Buass - besting old record by 8 mph

More to come.

Haven't heard a thing - hope to hear after about 9 PM PST Saturday.

Update for Saturday:

Q Sport Hydro (18 cells) record now 80.76 mph - Brian Buaas raises the record by 16 mph

S Hydro (24 cells) now 114.30 mph - Tim Higdon

P OPC (12 cells) now 50.2 mph - Pat McDonald

Q Mono (18 cells) now ????? - unknown details....

Cool.....thanks for the feedback

Steve

Update for Saturday:

Q Sport Hydro (18 cells) record now 80.76 mph - Brian Buaas raises the record by 16 mph

S Hydro (24 cells) now 114.30 mph - Tim Higdon

Q Mono (18 cells) now ????? - unknown details....

Boy, I missed that the FE SAWs were this weekend. Usually there is more build up to this event. Pretty quiet this year.

Are the europeans attending this year?

Great results regardless.

RvE

There was a major weed issue at Legg Lake and it was not certain that it would be solved until about a month or so before the event. The German JAGs team did not come this year, they had not planned on it at last year's event. I do not think that any other europeans showed up; there were a few other non-US racers who signed up, but I don't know if they made it. Yes, some major progress was made in some long-negelcted classes and in some high profile ones.

LA SAWs Results from Mark Grim's notebook:

LSO - 33.25 - Brian Buaas

OPC - 50.279 - Pat McDonald

Q Mono - 59.76 - Brian Buaas

O Sport - 64.86 - Brian Buaas

P Sport - 76.55 - Brian Buass

Q Sport - 80.78 - Brian Buass

Q Hydro - 111.05 - Tim Higdon

S Hydro - 114.38 - Tim Higdon

Other Highlights/Lowlights:

* At least four boats were lost to the pond bottom :(

* About 12 racers ran, including one from Puerto Rico

* The records do not adequately reflect the technology and performance that was present - next year will be awesome! B)

Last edited by a moderator:

Done with IB3800 cells from us...thanks for letting us know Pat!

Steve

Theres a nitro saw this weekend in los angeles,and I just set a new T mono record. 66mph two way ave. I'm going to try and bump this up tomarrow. More later.

Mark Ferreira

congrats on raising the bar in T-Mono, it's been a long time coming and i know it don't come easy!

Ron

Yea Q was next but no go. I got a 62 on one pass but could'nt back it up. Will try again at next saw in January.

Mark

Looks like Ron has some work to do to protect that record. I love Time Trails! :) Just the facts, no stopwatches

Looks like Ron has some work to do to protect that record. I love Time Trails! :) Just the facts, no stopwatches

after two weekends of the best going after our Q-mono record i feel like walking wounded Mr. Hill... :blink:

we've switched battery brands and tweaked the prop a little and will give her another go at Speed Week III in Valdosta, are you coming down for the fun?

Ron

Valdosta is 9 hours away....I wish I could be there but don't think I'll make it. What exact dates is it?

after two weekends of the best going after our Q-mono record i feel like walking wounded Mr. Hill... :blink:

we've switched battery brands and tweaked the prop a little and will give her another go at Speed Week III in Valdosta, are you coming down for the fun?

Ron

Back