left side rudder?

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Big roy

Ok guys I know that the rudders usually go on the right side of the boat as you are looking at the backside. The boat I just bought has the rudder on the left side? why is this and does it effect the steering and performancxe of the boat. Do I have to move all the running gear to the opposite side? I know I am going to get flamed big time by the pond elders when I take it out for the first time. Now anyone know what MFGR this hull might be?

Last edited by a moderator:
It runs the same - some say it is even better if it is on the left - since the rudder "bites" the water more in right turns.

Ok guys I know that the rudders usually go on the right side of the boat as you are looking at the backside. The boat I just bought has the rudder on the left side? why is this and does it effect the steering and performancxe of the boat. Do I have to move all the running gear to the opposite side? I know I am going to get flamed big time by the pond elders when I take it out for the first time. Now anyone know what MFGR this hull might be?
Post a pic of rear at water level???

The boat looks like and older roadrunner that has been modded.

Walt Barney

Tanks 2 U

Ok guys I know that the rudders usually go on the right side of the boat as you are looking at the backside. The boat I just bought has the rudder on the left side? why is this and does it effect the steering and performance of the boat. Do I have to move all the running gear to the opposite side? I know I am going to get flamed big time by the pond elders when I take it out for the first time. Now anyone know what MFGR this hull might be?
The boat looks like and older roadrunner that has been modded.

Walt Barney

Tanks 2 U
Definitely not a Roadrunner, even a old one. I'm thinkin' a scratch built tub with maybe Dumas Hawk sponsons? :huh:

Hi Roy,

None of the people running boats are gonna give ya a hard time about your boat, It looks Great !!! I hope it runs great and it is ready to race next season :)

Paul

Some people do run there rudder on the left side in there riggers. If ya had a few more pics showing different angles of the boat people might be able to determine mfg.

Paul, as soon as I get the boat in the mail next week I will have my son take a gallery of pictures in depth and hopefully we can see what it really is. I do look forward to next season in district 4 not looking to win, just to finish will be good for me

Roy

Back