Leecraft Tunnel 20 years old

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

steve palgreene

I have 20 years old lee craft tunnel i have it set at 3/16 center of prop shaft to bottom of sponson and it like to bounce up & down at full speed what can i do to get that to stop i have the stock prop that come with the new O/S motor on it . Steve

Try lowering your engine vertically and also try a little trim to the negative. Never seen anyone run the stock plastic prop so little knowledge there. Try a Grimracer 40X53 2 blade or an M440 Octura. These seem to be the best place to start with an OS.

Mic

Truth is that silly little K prop did not work to bad...lol.. but there are much better.

Grim

The prop that come with the o/s motor may not be the best but i have try other prop try the grimracer props 40/53 & 40/52 just did not seem that much better but i know it how you sharpen them to but the o/s plastic prop just comes off the corner faster for me when i race it but will try the m440 prop is that 2 blade or 3 blade . Steve

Is your boat an XT-120 or XTR-21? The old XT-120 had handling issues that Richard Hazlewood addressed with some modifications. My very old web site still exists and has articles on this mod, setup, and other issues. See http://www.pacinfo.com/~yayoe/

Lohring Miller

FYI, I mounted a gear drive Sirio .12 outboard on a LeeCraft XT-120 and set the IMPBA A outboard tunnel 2-lap oval record, beating the existing record by 10mph. That was 11 years ago, and the record still stands!

Bob, is the boat I picked up from you a XT-120? Put a SS on it for just playing around.

Latest posts

Back