Lapcat 1 at garage sale......

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gaztech

Supporting Member
B) Kids found a Prather Lapcat 1 at a garage sale. Never been built and came with a K&B 3.5 outboard. Any setup suggestions weight, transom to prop, sponsoons to c/l for prop. Family project which will include painting and put it on the lake.... :unsure: Thanx Gaz

If it came with the directions, follow them. I always thought Prather Products did a good job with their instruction booklet.

Basic 3.5 Tunnel Setups:

1. Boat should balance 1/3 of the way from the back of the sponsons. Add lead if necessary to achieve balance.

2. Prop height about 1/8" above bottom of sponsons.

3. Neutral prop thrust angle.

4. Octura X440 good prop to start with. The Prather 215 will also work

JD

Hi,

The folks at Prather Products and helpful and easy to talk to. If I remember correctly, they don't charge for a copy of instructions..........

call them - 310-835-4764

I've built several Lapcats. Like JD said, follow the instructions and you'll have a nice lttle boat.

the only suggestions I have are to re-engineer the radio box lid so it can be taped down instead of using screws - and - look at the local hobby shop for a plastic servo tray ..... instead of gluing in several wood parts to mount the servos, you just have to glue in 2 rails for mounting the tray.

Good Luck,

Bob the Fool :blink:

Last edited by a moderator:
B) We got a few items at the sale but no instructions.... I'll send off for some ASAP.. Gentlemen Thanx for the time to reply to the post... Gaz

Lapacat was sanded and primed this weekend.... How should the bottom be finished to be made race ready ?? :unsure: Lightly sanded, Finished sanded and waxed, or what.... Thanx Gaz

Back