L/F: Any builders of a Twin .12

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Beau Parsons

Was wondering if there is anyone building a Twin .12 Hydro these days? Any help would be great

Thanks Beau

Working on on twin 1.5 russian uctkam motors are smaller than .12 morors are 2.1 I think

I built one took a firefighter widened the tub

Was neat never ran it Long enough to get the motors broke in

Nova 12s Texan pipes the sound was awesome

Prolly go up for sale soon

Mike

A slightly enlarged Jae 12 and with wider tub and 2 Nova 12's with Glenn's pipes is nice easy set up, the boat would probably be almost 21 size when finished -similar to the jae 21 - you could just modify a JAE 21 to fit the twins

I used a .12 jae made it long by adding a bait box an made it wider to fit motors

Last edited by a moderator:
Here is a short video of my twin .12 running. Whatever hull you decied to use just make sure to keep it LIGHT. I think mine weighted about 3 lbs ready to run.

GQ

Glenn - I like the front mounted pipes. Was it difficult to get both the pipes and the fuel tank to fit in the area ahead of the engines? Would you be able to post a pic? Thanks.

Dave

Here is a short video of my twin .12 running. Whatever hull you decied to use just make sure to keep it LIGHT. I think mine weighted about 3 lbs ready to run.

GQ

Hi Dave! I don't think I have a pic of the pipe/tank area. It wasn't too difficult to get them to work out...I just designed the tanks and the pipes to fit together. I did build the front of the boat between the booms longer just to make sure I had enough fuel in each tank.
GQ

GQ

Cool! Thanks Glen. That makes perfect sense. Yes, I noticed that it looked a little longer in the nose. It looks much more streamlined by not having the pipes / exhaust do a 180 and then hang off the sides and increasing the frontal area.
default_smile.png

Back