KEP's 21 T3 builds

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The front nose section is a foam block that has an elongated hole to allow for up and down adjustment and is coated with epoxy. The 1/16" pins are in the neutral position so you can always get back to it easily.

Brad

The front nose section is a foam block that has an elongated hole to allow for up and down adjustment and is coated with epoxy. The 1/16" pins are in the neutral position so you can always get back to it easily.

Brad

I can make you a cover out of epoxy glass or carbon as I make the cowls for the 21 boat. You can of course get the carbon sheet from ACP Comosites or even Mc Master but if you want one moulded I can do one when I do mine but I am thinking of just leaving it as plywood. For the 21 boat I charge $30 for e-glass and $50 for carbon.

Brad

Brad,

Are you thinking of making one specific for the electric boat, or the same as the ones for the nitro boats? If you are going to make one specially for the electrics with a smaller bubble, just to clear the motor and water jacket and fittings, I would probably take two. One for me and one for my buddy. If you would need more money to develop one especially for the electrics, we can work something out. Let me know your thoughts.

Regards,

Bob

No money yet and it will just be a bubble for the motor and you will cut to fit. I will post and let you know when I get them done. It will be like the version like you have in wood or would you like something else?

Brad

Hi Brad,

Something like the wood one would be great. Maybe with a little more clearance so if I want to use a bigger motor I'll have the room. Keep me posted.

Thanks,

Bob

Brad, got the decals. They look great. Can I clear coat over them? Any type to avoid that you know of?

Bob

Yes just fog the first coat and let it tack-up well, then a heavier coat. Try some denatured alcohol on a corner if you need to wipe them off to see if it reacts. I will check with my supplier to see if there is a special cleaner before you clear coat and what have you decided to paint with? I will get your ECS instructions in the mail on Monday, still trying to find a motor and Horizon won't have any until June.

Brad

Brad,

I think I'm going to try the Spraymax 2K clear topcoat, maybe their color paints for the base. I think I'm going to do some testing. I did some reading on the Spray Max stuff, it sounds interesting. Imight have to e-mail them to get some details cleared up. I just don't know if I have to get that technical with an electric boat. No hot fuel to deal with. I can easily get rattle cans of machinery paint in a good variety of colors, that I've used on machines I have built. It seems to hold up well even in the presence of lubricants and pretty high use. Like I said, I'll do some tests. Any more thoughts on a glass hatch? Also what motor are you looking for, the one that Brian recommended?

Bob

The biggest thing is how it grips and resists pulling the tape off. Yes the one Brian recommends. I have tried different sites and not available, no stock at this time. As soon as I get Mike's boat done I will start back on the hatch project but will have it done by the end of May.

Brad

Back