KEP's 21 T3 builds

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've really got to educate myself on props. I know nothing, as Sgt. Shultz would say. The sponsons are not as straight forward as most, they look like a bit more work. Most seem to be parallel sided. I have faith in you Brad.

Bob

Thanks Bob and there are some good prop guys out there that do a great job and know what they are doing and have the tools to do. I have gotten props from Mark that will change the boat's performance by just bolting it on! But you have to test lots for peak performance and you may go faster with one but remember to check your ESC and motor for heat. Cut all the tub pieces today and working on sponsons.

Brad

Brad,

That's why I bought this new radio. It's got temp sensors and GPS for speed. The RX is small enough, that I think I'll use it in my MINISPRINT as well. I got it yesterday, starting looking at the instructions, it's going to take some studying to sort out the programming. Alot of stuff to know. I'll figure it out.

Bob

Brad I was wondering if you could share with me and others what you are using for the Turn Fin mount fastener. I Now Niklas is calling out for an aluminum fastener 15mm x 1/4 but I can only find them in a box of 100. I certainly don't need 100. What are you using or have substituted ? Thank You Jerry

Jerry,

I actually made the fasteners that Niklas calls out on the drawings, but Brad convinced me to just put a plywood plate with blind nuts under the skin. He's afraid that the ones called out would pull out under load. I decided to defer to his experience. One of my buddies is building one of these boats also, and he will do it as per the drawings. Time will tell. I think it probably depends on what foam you use.

Bob

I did this, drilled out foam and glued in a 3/8" hardwood dowel. Then drilled it for a 6/32 insert. (Pretty much like what Niklas calls out but I added the dowel in so the insert has something to "bite" on.)

Paul

Bob I appreciate that but I think I am going with the hardwood dowels I did that on my JAE for the turn fin. Thanks again Jerry

Paul thank you for reminding me been a while.

Ive used the inserts in sponsons with H60 Divinycell and balsa cores. Not been an issue. In sponsons with eps foam etc I would use something else. The only sponsons ive had issues with have had some sort of eps (insulation) cores.

The insert solution is "copied" from CMD as that is what they use in the Eagle kits etc.

Hi Jerry,

Where do you get the Divinycell foam. The only places I found want to sell a full sheet.

Bob

Thanks Butch it's good to hear it got there and hope the box made it in one piece. I was just thinking about the turn fin mount and I should of milled it down so it would not be so heavy, I will have to look for thinner angle or will have to mill.

Brad

attachicon.gif
DSC_0660.JPG
attachicon.gif
DSC_0661.JPGGreg Wannamaker's boat, still have extra cowl, turnfin and mount to make.

Brad
Cool!
default_smile.png

Q: On the front tub sponson tube mount: is it open inside the nose of the tub or how doeas that work?

/Niklas

Back