KB .18

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

_laxmasta2039

hey,

any nitro gurus out there want to try to see what you can do with a KB .18 inboard? B)

depending on what you can do i'd probably be willing to pay you for your time just to tinker around.

Joe,

I've modded one for buggy use. The best thing you can do is to provide a channel in the sleeve so that the piston port actuallyworks. It's a schnurel motor, so ther's not much you can do with the ports except to raise the timing a tad. There's a little more that can be done with the crank and the clearance to help also.

Last edited by a moderator:
:D Sounds like fun !! I don't build engines for hire any more but how difficult can a little .18 be? to be honest with you flow improvment in the cases and some exhaust & intake timings should be about it.

<_< I really doubt it will ever be any thing close to a race bred .21 with 3cc's less.

Let me know, I am in California. Scott

k thanks guys....

yea i know it wont ever be nearly like a .21, i just wanna have somthing with enough power that it'll be worth putting in a boat.

kevin,

how much improvement did your buggy engine get with tha mods?

Joe

Joe,

I think you will make many more revs and more power with a rossi or novarossi .12 than you will with the K&B .18 motor. It has some issues that will keep it from being a very good motor.

I should also mention that some of those little .12 motors have ALOT of pep for their size. If you are going to go .12....I'd recommend the Rossi Pixi .12

kevin...ill keep that in mind, dont wanna spend money on an engine till ive got a boat that i know works well, this is my first attempt at an inboard rigger and it's just a scratch-building project.

Back